Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

addicted to ICE

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 04:00 PM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

Default RE: addicted to ICE

ORIGINAL: Fig06

The towel that comes with the ICE is one of them new fangled Micro fiber towels. Go to Wal-Mart and you can get like a pack of 5 for five bucks. Wife gets a little upset when I wash them out in the kitchen sink < I just remind her who's payin the mortgage and give her the look.
And what does she do, take it back and say "Exactly!"? LOL Must be a comfy couch in your living room.....
Old 06-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fig06

The towel that comes with the ICE is one of them new fangled Micro fiber towels. Go to Wal-Mart and you can get like a pack of 5 for five bucks. Wife gets a little upset when I wash them out in the kitchen sink < I just remind her who's payin the mortgage and give her the look.
[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JerryP

Does using Ice attract more dust on the paint?
I don't think it attracts more dust to the paint, but you certainly notice it more.

Edit: When I see dust start building up (about 1 day after using it), I just run a microfiber cloth over it.

I actually ICE'd my car again yesterday, and had a guy at work today (who drives an awesome Vette) ask me what I used to get that shine. I told him and he - like many here - was surprised to hear it works as well as they (we) say. He said, like myself when I first saw it, that he was a bit skeptical of spending $10 on some spray-on stuff that he had doubts about. I said that the bottle is probably good for three or so applications, and I think he was sold on it.

im so in love with the spray detailer i figure if i spray the car down andw wipe it off every day i wont ever have too wash it again!
...probably explains why I couldn't find any in my town last night.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

What do you do when the ICE Melts?

Old 06-06-2006, 01:39 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

I wish i was having the same outstanding success with ICE that u guys are....... i've used it twice.
the 1st time it was TERRIBLE... left streaks and techni-color spots all over the place....

i used it again today, and it worked better, but it was pretty difficult to get it to go on clean... I HAVE TO BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG lol.....

now as for the car wax stuff... lol j/k
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

Am I not using enough when I apply the polish? I used just over a quarter bottle w/ 3 applications and i thought I was applying it pretty liberally. The shine is still good w/ the conservative amount I'm apparently using.