Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

just got my first door ding!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: just got my first door ding!

It doesn't matter where you park. Some butt munch is bound to park right next to ya and screw up your car! [sm=boosign.gif]
Old 06-05-2006, 12:30 AM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

That is crazy i just got one today. Except mine was in the safest spot you can think of, my own garage!! My brothers bike fell and his handle bars are metal and dented and then kept falling and scratched the door from the top to the bottom! I was soooo pissed, now im trying to get my parents to pay for it. not going to well!!

My first ding was the first month i moved to FL for college I was at blockbuster and my gf ran out to return the dvd and an SUV full of kids pulled next to me and BAM the little kid opens her door into my car. and they all just go inside like nothing happend. So i called the cops and walked inside and started yelling at the B****. Yeah she paid for it big time especially the nice *** rental i had for a week!!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

i am one to attest that Kamra is real, and whatever you comes back to you two fold. Its true my friends its true. Only a matter of time.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:02 AM
302RideOrDie
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LisaJ429

after i got in, i took my car door and ram her door a couple of time (i know it was wrong but i had a skirt on and it pissed me off that i had to climb across bucket seats). after i pulled out of the space, i left her a not on her windshield - "next time leave me a f-ing can opener to get into my car.
[sm=happybounce.gif]
Old 06-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

I park way the hell away from people whenever I can. I have an '06 Windviel Blue I bought in February and DREAD the day it scratches. I already got a paint chip on my hood probably from a rock on the highway. I bought one of those paint pens that I found on this site (link) and it still doesnt look right and it says Windviel Blue on the color pen. If I find someone purposely hitting the sides, well thats when the tire jack comes out........[:@]
Old 06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the sympathy guys (and gals). I had the store manager look at the parking lot security tape and he says he can see when it happened but couldn't get a license number. It was a big truck (white F250 or something) with with a young couple and a kid; he said the wife got out of the passenger side and when around to the drivers side (where the husband got out and dinged me) to check it out then waited while the guy went in and out of the store. I came out probably 10 seconds after they left.
BTW GM Supercar, I would (and have) leave a note if I hit a car, and I always return shopping carts to the rack, unlike 80% of the lazy bastards who can't make the 100 yard walk.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:50 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

one time i was parked at the beach and i came back and there was a huge 3"deep ding in my fender you could totally tell that it was a foot. some jerk must of just kicked it for no reason. cost 200 bucks to repair and cant still see it if i conentrate it looks like a really bad orange peel paint job[&o] and i got a medium sized ding over my gas tank. my front left fender was hit by some *** still dont know who. and parked in my garage a half-full paint can fell on my hood off a shelf over my car( i have to take it down cause im paranoid forever no)and took some paint off the hood. and my front bumper is all scratched up cause the other day i was coming out of my parking gar age and the lady in the booth was directing me and led me right into a wall and it took a ton of paint off. and some how my spoiler is kind of screwd up with a little paint off. and theres another little dent in my front bumper. THIS CAR IS DENT PRONE. even thougfh i always try to park a half mile away from eveybody some jerk always has to pull up right besides me.[sm=bicker.gif]
but i still love it and spend five hours every week washing it.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

BTW GM Supercar, I would (and have) leave a note if I hit a car, and I always return shopping carts to the rack, unlike 80% of the lazy bastards who can't make the 100 yard walk.
+1! People are so fricken lazy. The cart corral is like 5 feet away and people can't walk that far to put their cart away! One time I caught a guy leaving his cart. I looked at him with "the evil eye" and scared him into putting his cart away LOL [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 06-05-2006, 04:23 PM
MyFirstPony
1st Gear Member

If you are too f###ing stupid to open a car door and not put a ding into someone else's door, you should be removed from the human gene pool: you are weighing our species down.

If you do so intentionally, you deserve whatever the car owner chooses to dish out. [sm=icon_beat.gif]
Old 06-05-2006, 05:47 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is watching.

PS $250 to get it fixed; the paint is scratched and the whole door will have to be painted/clear coated.
ORIGINAL: GM Supercar

That totally sucks man, I'm sorry to hear about that.

On a side note, let's all be realistic though - if you went shopping and left a cart in the lot, and as you were driving away you saw roll away and hit a car, would you stop and leave a note on the car that it hit? Probably not.

If you accidentally opened your door into another car and made a small ding, but you saw nobody witnessed it, would you leave a note on that car? Probably not.

I always park far away, and I am extremely careful never to ding other cars (hasen't happened yet), but human nature is just that - human nature.

Greg

Quick Reply: just got my first door ding!