Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just bought my 06 pony package

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 04:09 AM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just bought my 06 pony package

Lisa's mustang looks great and shows me what mine will look like if I just take off the stripe and put louvers on. Thanks guys. Well I'm thinking if I get the louvers I want the squared off ones, rather than the rounded type. I think that's what's in the picture above anyway I am also thinking about putting the v8 stock white running boards (or lips, not sure what they are called on this type of body). Or I could get some sort of ground effects kit I guess. I got the pony package primarily for the ABS with traction control (my VW bug does not have a kit for that, and it is an excellent safety feature.. I have put front disc on the vw though, those have only been out for a few years). My parents always buy Fords and I know they are very reliable, so it was an easy choice. I waited to see what GM would come out with but their camaro, which I guess is coming out in 2009, isn't as good looking as an 05 mustang imo and I'm not sure about the reliability of their cars.

Well yeah the mods will cost some money, I imagine the paint will cost as much or more than the parts. Maybe I can find a body shop that is reasonable, I know paint isn't that expensive. This will make it two cars to mod though, because I'm still working on the VW. At least the mustang is complete and factory brand new. Entire car is OEM. I have a hard time getting the best quality parts for my VW, regardless of how much money I am willing to spend.

Now I see that amystery2u has a v6 with what appears to be factory V8 parts on it. I wonder where all that came from and about what the cost of the painted trim parts cost. To start, I'd be interested in the parts for the bottom sides as I said above, then maybe do other things later on down the road.

I may want to take off the black mustang stripe, if I do that I hope it isn't hard to do. They apparantly did not delete anything at all from this order. I'm guessing that this is Ford's own order, because my dealer ordered it after they stopped taking new orders. And people who delete the spoiler hmmm.. I think it looks a bit plain without the spoiler, but I like the kit that goes back there too. I would've opted for the delete if I knew fully that I would put the kit on the decklid. I forgot what style I'm talking about, but it's basically a lip that comes up on top of the very back part of the decklid, looks real nice.

Anyone know if tinting the rear window will help protect my leather?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:35 AM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amptor

Lisa's mustang looks great and shows me what mine will look like if I just take off the stripe and put louvers on. Thanks guys. Well I'm thinking if I get the louvers I want the squared off ones, rather than the rounded type. I think that's what's in the picture above anyway
here is a link to a post that i have a good side shot of my louvers.

https://mustangforums.com/m_1447527/tm.htm - you'll need to scroll through but it also has shots of other types of louvers.

p.s. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

You can get the GT body kit painted from these three places.

Links

www.newtakeoff.com

http://themustanghookup.com/

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/TakeOffParts.htm

Old 06-05-2006, 05:35 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

wow justin that is _exactly_ what I needed. those side skirts should be a lot cheaper this way than if I get a custom kit, I'm worried about putting trim on that looks too big or too tall. So hopefully he has my color, I'm ready to order that stuff. I may end up with all the GT kit on it at some point this way, because I can imagine that otherwise I"d be spending well over a grand at my body shop. They charged me $500 to paint one side of one panel on my VW, since the other body shop didn't prep it right and the paint was peeling off. Factory paint is the way to go anyway, imo.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the club! I'm with you on the white. I haven't seen a whole lot of them out there and if I had to take a guess, I'd say it is one of the rarest colors.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:18 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on the new steed and welcome to the forum!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:43 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I saw two white ones in one day and on another day I saw one parked near my dad's friend's house, but it seems like people always go real cheap on the white. I like the white with upgrades. But then I like tungsten with upgrades only too, but you have to do a lot to the tungsten like body kit and etc. Hmm I'm getting ready to order from one of those sites but the shipping is off the wall expensive on the parts I'm trying to get shipped so I'm just going to check and see because I live in the same state it ships from. Wow I just checked UPS and the shipping shouldn't cost this much well hmmm.... I'll check around a little bit before I buy it. I think if someone wants a certain amount for an item, it should be on the web page and then add on normal shipping costs afterwards. It throws me off when I see shipping on an item go over $20 unless it's a huge chunk of steel. ok I checked again and apparantly I got mixed up because his site SAYS UPS but he doesn't ship via UPS so it is definitely an extra $30-$40 via Fedex, I checked around. But I eventually had to buy from the last guy I contacted, shipping was like 46 bucks on these things but it should be well worth it, wouldn't these panels cost $200 without paint? I'd probably be out $700 total otherwise. These guys have 300 performance white pairs in stock !!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:42 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

Congrats and welcome. You have come to the right place if you want advice on modding. In fact if you had no intention of moding the mustangforums will take over your body and have you throwing your credit card numbers at all manner of stuff.

oh but one small thing....

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Oh yeah I forgot to mention again that it is on a train so I don't actually have the car in my possession yet
Old 06-12-2006, 07:39 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I'll have to post photos soon. I ended up getting a new contract on the car, but got pushed into paying what's called a 'flooring fee' so I still saved money, but feel a little annoyed that had I waited a couple days I wouldn't have had to deal with a bunch of crap from a couple dealers and would've saved another $700.

So this came with the black tape stripe and it looks good, and I should be getting my side skirts soon. Thanks for helping me find those.