Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just bought my 06 pony package

Old 06-04-2006, 05:37 AM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Default Just bought my 06 pony package

Hey,

first of all i'd like to say this is one of the most friendly and helpful car forums I've been on.

I just put down 9 grand (bringing me up to 10.5k down, OTD price was extremely reasonable) on my 06 performance white mustang with charcoal grey leather interior, shaker 500, factory alarm, wheel lock kit, pony package, and interior upgrade kit. What helped out most was, I was planning on walking into the dealer and buying a vista blue mustang, but I saw the blue next to the white and the white sold me not only because I felt it was nicer looking but it also was a blazing hot day. I test drove a deluxe in Vallejo and it is the most powerful car I have ever driven. I'm very impressed with the V6 and the insurance isn't too bad. Imagine stepping out of a 60's vw bug with a modified 1.6L engine in it and taking a test drive in a v6 mustang right away. That is how my day went on one sunday afternoon. The vw is good for looks, but the mustang has it all. I'm keeping the beetle too but I feel like I'm very lucky that Ford put out such an amazing looking and powerful automobile. It does feel like a true American muscle car.

Oh and as for that color comparison, the car that sold me was the GT in white. The car was stunning, I had to take a closer look after a salesman moved it next to the rest of the GTs. Usually only Ferraris take my full attention like that. My salesman told me that he already had ordered the V6 version with me in mind.

Only things I'm wondering right now, since my car is on a train out of flat rock, are: will the v8 grille fit on this thing? I'm thinking about putting the larger foglights in it some day. Also wondering how people do inputs on the shaker 500 system. When I was in the other dealer, the salesman was pointing out that you can hook up an ipod to the radio somehow, but I don't own an ipod and I didn't think Ford equips anything for that device. Well in my bug I always store my music on CD and this shaker 500 is suppose to be a cd changer unit, so I'm thinking that will work fine. I read people saying that there are better head units you can buy than the shaker 500 but my clarion only cost about $160, seems like this thing should at least be on par with that but who knows. I was mostly concerned with buying the car for its styling and horsepower, rather than focusing attention on the audio system.

I was thinking about eventually striping this thing and putting the quarter window covers on, but it does look good just solid white without those mods. I do need to see one of these with the lowering springs installed some day though.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:43 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Just bought my 06 pony package

congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. Yes you can to the GT grill, try ebay. I believe the shaker has input jacks on the back. Personally I plan on going aftermarket. So do you have any mods planned for the future other than the grill, or are you going to stay mostly stock?

Congrats again
Old 06-04-2006, 09:04 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Welcome and BIG congrats! Yes this forum is pretty cool. I came on here asking 5,000 questions about exhausts, and every time no one made me feel like I did not know what I was talking about(I DIDN'T!) or made me feel like an ignorant wretch! It's pretty neat. Have not really seen many flame wars and everyone respects each other.

ANYWAY, BIG congrats!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:13 AM
dram57
1st Gear Member

Welcome. I bought the v8 grill on ebay for $150. I had to cut the bottom tabs off and cut a larger opening in the top bumper slots
and she fit. minor gap at bottom of grill and bumper.
I'm doing the lourves because I want that fastback look.
Hope to get pics up soon.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

Congrats and welcome. You have come to the right place if you want advice on modding. In fact if you had no intention of moding the mustangforums will take over your body and have you throwing your credit card numbers at all manner of stuff.

oh but one small thing....

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 06-04-2006, 11:47 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the site. Street Scene makes a fog light kit that fits teh V6 bumper with no cutting or fab work.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:04 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

welcome to the site. yes as todd said street scene makes a grill in 4 flavors that fit the v6 (I have the black one) and gives you the larger lites. also teacher only asked 4999 stupid questions and the only reason we didnt pick on him was because we all thought he would give us dedention! LOL
Old 06-04-2006, 12:33 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!! Most of the time we do get along without biting each others heads off. I once had the street scene black chrome grill. It is a drop in fit with no cutting like rygen said. Click the camera below my name and you'll see it. I've since upgraded to the GT front facia but it didn't have anything to do with street scene's grille. Let the modding begin!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 03:10 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

welcome, and afixer was right about teacherman. i was actually afraid he would start on my use of grammar and make me stay after class.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:30 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

congrats on the purchase. the fun has only just begun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just bought my 06 pony package