Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

OMG BEAT A TURBO AUDI TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:17 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: OMG BEAT A TURBO AUDI TT

edited this one out, i hate falling out with people on here
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: Jimp

They aren't that fast:
2004 Audi TT Quattro Turbo 6.9 15.20
http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/speedcomp.htm
You really shouldn't be driving that fast on the street, you could kill someone.
+1

On target response!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:17 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Paul, don;t you remember that scene from Back to the Future III where he was going to race the guy. And then he didn't cause he knew that it led to an accident! No more!!!! Shalst I call your parents and tell them to take away your toys!!!!

Seriously though man, be careful. You post a lot of cool stuff on these boards and you were always cool to me at least so I could never have a bone to pick with you. So it would suck to hear that anything bad happenned to you or someone else for that matter!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:20 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

yah i no, i got carried away alittle, it was such a close race it was down to who gave out first, and im resiliant and dont give up.. thats my downfall. but, i had fun for once after working 11 hour days tiling rich people big houses

ORIGINAL: teacherman

Paul, don;t you remember that scene from Back to the Future III where he was going to race the guy. And then he didn't cause he knew that it led to an accident! No more!!!! Shalst I call your parents and tell them to take away your toys!!!!

Seriously though man, be careful. You post a lot of cool stuff on these boards and you were always cool to me at least so I could never have a bone to pick with you. So it would suck to hear that anything bad happenned to you or someone else for that matter!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:14 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I looked at TT's a few years ago... loved the looks... but dang, they were underpowered... LOL!

I agree with others... if you want to race... take it to the track...
Old 06-06-2006, 12:42 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

I looked at TT's a few years ago... loved the looks... but dang, they were underpowered... LOL!

I agree with others... if you want to race... take it to the track...
didnt intend to street race, just sorta happened, now i've been told like 400 times not to street race! so OK I WONT STREET RACE ANYMORE !!!! OK?! DAMN IT WAS AWESOME THO, my shifts were so fast and precise and he was just like "whoa" when i told him it was a v6, soo funny his responce was great.

Paul
Old 06-06-2006, 01:03 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

You do realize that if you screw up, and kill or badly injure someone, you're going to go to jail for a very long time? Jail. It won't be considered an accident, but rather willful action. Your life will be ruined. It does happen. A couple kids raced here about 5 years back, hit each other, one car went off road, driver dead, other car went off other side, badly injured passenger. Driver got 5-7 years for manslaughter. Don't know if he's still in. He was like 18 years old, and was just about to head off to college. He got a different "education".
Old 06-06-2006, 01:18 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

**** happens

ORIGINAL: LX200

You do realize that if you screw up, and kill or badly injure someone, you're going to go to jail for a very long time? Jail. It won't be considered an accident, but rather willful action. Your life will be ruined. It does happen. A couple kids raced here about 5 years back, hit each other, one car went off road, driver dead, other car went off other side, badly injured passenger. Driver got 5-7 years for manslaughter. Don't know if he's still in. He was like 18 years old, and was just about to head off to college. He got a different "education".
Old 06-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

the speedo was pinned and i was still going

thats 120+

Paul
Speedos are notoriously unreliable over around 80 mph. The V6 is mechanically limited to something like 115 mph, it will not go any faster without being reprogrammed. That's what Furinox was talking about.

I'd jump on the slap-you-on-the-wrist bandwagon, but that would be hypocritical considering the speeds I've been known to take my bikes to on back roads What's more dangerous, a guy racing another guy through the gears with heightened senses due to an adrenaline rush or a soccer mom steering with her knee while she talks on her cel with one hand and drinks chocamollalatte with her other? People who rarely race are usually acutely aware of what is going on (and in my opinion not much of a risk). They usually just bounce it up to 100 and shut it down anyway. Now those soccer moms, THEY scare me all the time!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:34 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Agreed, so it wasn't the best idea in the world but come on guys who here can say that they have NEVER done something stupid? Honestly.

Paul be more cautious next time your a good a guy. Nice kill man.

See how easy that was.

I'd jump on the slap-you-on-the-wrist bandwagon, but that would be hypocritical considering the speeds I've been known to take my bikes to on back roads What's more dangerous, a guy racing another guy through the gears with heightened senses due to an adrenaline rush or a soccer mom steering with her knee while she talks on her cel with one hand and drinks chocamollalatte with her other?
Old 06-06-2006, 01:34 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

What about the monkey that escapes from the zoo? He beat's up the security guard and steals his keys. And what kind of car does this security guard have? It DOESN'T MATTER! Because a monkey behind the wheel is never EVER good!

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

the speedo was pinned and i was still going

thats 120+

Paul
Speedos are notoriously unreliable over around 80 mph. The V6 is mechanically limited to something like 115 mph, it will not go any faster without being reprogrammed. That's what Furinox was talking about.

I'd jump on the slap-you-on-the-wrist bandwagon, but that would be hypocritical considering the speeds I've been known to take my bikes to on back roads What's more dangerous, a guy racing another guy through the gears with heightened senses due to an adrenaline rush or a soccer mom steering with her knee while she talks on her cel with one hand and drinks chocamollalatte with her other?

Quick Reply: OMG BEAT A TURBO AUDI TT