Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

OMG BEAT A TURBO AUDI TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:41 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: OMG BEAT A TURBO AUDI TT

ORIGINAL: teacherman

What about the monkey that escapes from the zoo? He beat's up the security guard and steals his keys. And what kind of car does this security guard have? It DOESN'T MATTER! Because a monkey behind the wheel is never EVER good!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15493/EFE74F58B66343829A0C98A7C93DF455.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-06-2006, 01:54 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

ORIGINAL: teacherman

What about the monkey that escapes from the zoo? He beat's up the security guard and steals his keys. And what kind of car does this security guard have? It DOESN'T MATTER! Because a monkey behind the wheel is never EVER good!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15493/EFE74F58B66343829A0C98A7C93DF455.jpg[/IMG]

[sm=roll.gif]LOL!
Old 06-06-2006, 02:36 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

the speedo was pinned and i was still going

thats 120+

Paul
Speedos are notoriously unreliable over around 80 mph. The V6 is mechanically limited to something like 115 mph, it will not go any faster without being reprogrammed. That's what Furinox was talking about.

I'd jump on the slap-you-on-the-wrist bandwagon, but that would be hypocritical considering the speeds I've been known to take my bikes to on back roads What's more dangerous, a guy racing another guy through the gears with heightened senses due to an adrenaline rush or a soccer mom steering with her knee while she talks on her cel with one hand and drinks chocamollalatte with her other? People who rarely race are usually acutely aware of what is going on (and in my opinion not much of a risk). They usually just bounce it up to 100 and shut it down anyway. Now those soccer moms, THEY scare me all the time!
Have you ever raced a soccer mom? They be fierce! [sm=gears.gif]
Old 06-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

thats 120+

Paul
How did you go over 115 if your stock............We have limiters/governers (what ever you want to call them) that keep us below this speed . with out reprogramming it. I know its been asked.

Did you put a chip on it or something?

NICE KILL by the way....Be careful
Old 06-06-2006, 12:44 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

You do realize that if you screw up, and kill or badly injure someone, you're going to go to jail for a very long time? Jail. It won't be considered an accident, but rather willful action. Your life will be ruined. It does happen. A couple kids raced here about 5 years back, hit each other, one car went off road, driver dead, other car went off other side, badly injured passenger. Driver got 5-7 years for manslaughter. Don't know if he's still in. He was like 18 years old, and was just about to head off to college. He got a different "education".
yea but he does have a new boyfriend named Bubba!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

funny
Old 06-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Shadowfax

ORIGINAL: LX200

You do realize that if you screw up, and kill or badly injure someone, you're going to go to jail for a very long time? Jail. It won't be considered an accident, but rather willful action. Your life will be ruined. It does happen. A couple kids raced here about 5 years back, hit each other, one car went off road, driver dead, other car went off other side, badly injured passenger. Driver got 5-7 years for manslaughter. Don't know if he's still in. He was like 18 years old, and was just about to head off to college. He got a different "education".
Dude listen to what people are saying. Please dont do that........ instead look for a BMW sponserd DE in you area I promise you it will be more fun.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:02 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

thats 120+

Paul
Speedos are notoriously unreliable over around 80 mph. The V6 is mechanically limited to something like 115 mph, it will not go any faster without being reprogrammed. That's what Furinox was talking about.

I'd jump on the slap-you-on-the-wrist bandwagon, but that would be hypocritical considering the speeds I've been known to take my bikes to on back roads What's more dangerous, a guy racing another guy through the gears with heightened senses due to an adrenaline rush or a soccer mom steering with her knee while she talks on her cel with one hand and drinks chocamollalatte with her other? People who rarely race are usually acutely aware of what is going on (and in my opinion not much of a risk). They usually just bounce it up to 100 and shut it down anyway. Now those soccer moms, THEY scare me all the time!
did you see the hi speed motorcycle chase out here in la yesterday . he was outrunning the cops and couldnt swerve smaked the side of a truck then another car. brokes his right leg. pretty messy. or my friend (ex-friend) years ago up in malibu canyons crossed the line and instantly became a hood ornament for a chevy van. we all do stupid things. one thing to remember. when i was a kid 25 plus years ago. we had a heck of alot less cars on the road and at the risk of sounding like i should be wearing a white sheet alot more people out there are from other places that can hardley read english or street signs. heck we have so many drivers exames in other than english its scary to think these people are on the road. so it may not be the racer that causes the acident but at high speeds its hard to corect so you contribute.
remember i set up crash cars for a living. hec on matrix 2 we destroyed ove 100 cars in the freeway scene alone. and even with all those stunt drivers we still had some accidents. and they do this all the time. my point is that yes we may have done it too at times . things are changing. as my good friend lx said now you can loose the car , lic , and alot of other stuff. we should lead by example leave the street racing to the ricers the real cars go to the track! and yes as blaze said " he without sin cast the first stone". just hury up and get it out of your system. i am getting sick and tired of watching the news and seeing car crashes about street racers and with summer comming its just going to get worse!
Old 06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

can't wait for all the news stories about accidents while people attempt drifting...
Old 06-06-2006, 03:13 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

oh man you got that right.

Quick Reply: OMG BEAT A TURBO AUDI TT