Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Intake with no tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:55 PM
volley

Default RE: Intake with no tune

ORIGINAL: afixer

ill sell mine too but it needs to be to a yellos stang since mine is yellow. i also have the cover on mine. since it was the prototype.
Afixer - I may be very interested in your yellow one. Got some pics? Also what changed if anything from the prototype to the final production? PM me if you'd like.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:07 PM
AWalls

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Why can't you use the AFE with the Bamachips tune? I've got the AFE stage one, if anyone is selling the intake tube from the stage two I'd be interested.

You can, and in fact I am right now. It produces pretty good power with the tune. I was just going to upgrade to DeMolet, it produces a little better than AFE.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:13 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

It seems like everyone is getting rid of there AFE, why is this???

Knot and Chris which ones do you have and how much??

Anyone know of anything? Know anything about the K&N???
Old 06-15-2006, 12:09 AM
AWalls

Got my Demolet Tunable Induction CAI in today. Arrived at the house about 11:00 AM and had it installed by 11:30. First impressions? The heat shield on this is a joke, the heat shield on the AFE unit is much better (although much heavier). The AFE shield attaches to the car at three different points, the MAF is securely attached to the shield and there is no movement of the parts aka. rattle.

On the Demolet, the shield attaches at only one point, secure at one end while the other end "floats", the tube just sits in the hole in the shield. The parts are fairly easy to move around, although, to this point I haven't heard an audible "rattle" from the unit. Power seems much better than the AFE as does the TQ. I'm getting the set-up dyno'd as soon as I get the chance to see what she's putting out.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:14 AM
surveyor

Have any of you had a problem with the CEL after installing the AFE.
I am leaning toward getting the AFE but want no problems with CEL.
Thanks for any responses!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:31 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Yeah I wasn't real impressed with the way the heat shield attached on mine either, but I've not had any problems with it so I'm not worried bout it.
ORIGINAL: AWalls

Got my Demolet Tunable Induction CAI in today. Arrived at the house about 11:00 AM and had it installed by 11:30. First impressions? The heat shield on this is a joke, the heat shield on the AFE unit is much better (although much heavier). The AFE shield attaches to the car at three different points, the MAF is securely attached to the shield and there is no movement of the parts aka. rattle.

On the Demolet, the shield attaches at only one point, secure at one end while the other end "floats", the tube just sits in the hole in the shield. The parts are fairly easy to move around, although, to this point I haven't heard an audible "rattle" from the unit. Power seems much better than the AFE as does the TQ. I'm getting the set-up dyno'd as soon as I get the chance to see what she's putting out.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:12 AM
AWalls

I never got a trouble code with my AFE. It worked like a charm. It's a nice sturdy unit. If you don't plan on getting a tuner this will work great for you. However, If you plan on getting a tuner down the road at some point, or mods that will require a tune, I'd hold off, save the cash for a combo CAI + tuner.

I have now spent over 450.00 on intakes alone....sheesh. Live and learn, I guess.
ORIGINAL: surveyor

Have any of you had a problem with the CEL after installing the AFE.
I am leaning toward getting the AFE but want no problems with CEL.
Thanks for any responses!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:25 AM
volley

Not to hijack but for those that said they are selling their AFE. Hit me up if you are still selling, I am in the market for one...