Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bamachips Race tune - Holy S---!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 03:59 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default Bamachips Race tune - Holy S---!

Thanks to my newfound track addiction, I had Doug create a dedicated track tune for me.

Tonight, I loaded up Doug's 92 octane Race tune and tore it up a bit around town. All I gotta say is... Wow!

OK... a few more words LOL!

The throttle is incredibly sensitive. I barely had to breath on the gas to take off normally. Give it more, and she just screams! I rarely felt like I needed to give it more than one-third throttle. At half-throttle, she was burning up first and chirping 2nd just a bit. I took it to WOT one time, when, off all things, A V8 Durango wanted to run. She tore threw 1st gear. 2nd gear hit with a lovely, hard jolt - thanks to the firmed up shift points - and gave a very satisfying, loud chirp. The 50 mph limit came far quicker than I expected and I shut down, the Durango distant in the rear view.

Though, it might be a bit much for daily driving, I'm going to try out the Race tune this week then take it to PIR for a few runs. I can't wait!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:24 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Bamachips Race tune - Holy S---!

That sounds awesome Hamid, I'm thinking about emailing Doug to see if he can do me a different 91 tune maybe for torque. I've got the 93 octane torque tune but no 93 octane gas around here.So it I haven't got to play yet.[]

Looking forward to hearing your track results with it.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:36 AM
AWalls

Yeah, I have the 93 perf, 93 TQ, and 87 perf tunes from doug. Now I'm dumping my AFE CAI and getting the DeMolet from doug and some new tunes for the CAI. I can't wait to get that set-up going!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like fun! Maybe I should have Doug dump my 89 perf. tune and have all three 92 octane tunes? I'll probably never use the 89 tune anyways, as least as long as there one last dinosaur to squeeze into gas. I would have like to have tried that race tune out last weekend at PIR. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

That is f'ing awesome man. Like I said before, I bet that tune shaves at least 2/10ths off. I'm looking forward to your times.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:59 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

Sounds like fun! Maybe I should have Doug dump my 89 perf. tune and have all three 92 octane tunes? I'll probably never use the 89 tune anyways, as least as long as there one last dinosaur to squeeze into gas. I would have like to have tried that race tune out last weekend at PIR. Thanks for the heads up!
I bet it would be fun out there! Been driving with it more today... I have to be careful not to chirp the tires... it's just so easy. I accidentally chirped 'em in front of a traffic cop today.. oops! I dig it around town... though, for a road trip, I'd probably go back to the Performance tune.

PIR isn't having their late night drags this weekend... bummer.... I'll get there the first open weekend, which I believe is the following weekend.

And, Cayuse... ya gotta post your story about the driving class at PIR!