Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Time for more air in

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 04:38 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Time for more air in

True...but most of us "broke folk" do not have the $$$ handy for turbos & such ASAP...
Old 06-09-2006, 01:01 AM
tGrey5spd

Teach, I'm not worried about a wheel falling off and being told that it's not covered 'cause of my duals. More like if I have an engine part failure and they tell me void because of tuning, they certainly have a leg to stand on there. Let me make the first few payments before I consider anything like a flash or tune. Especially since I don't know what I'm doing yet.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:17 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tGrey5spd

Teach, I'm not worried about a wheel falling off and being told that it's not covered 'cause of my duals. More like if I have an engine part failure and they tell me void because of tuning, they certainly have a leg to stand on there. Let me make the first few payments before I consider anything like a flash or tune. Especially since I don't know what I'm doing yet.

I hear you there Tgrey. I am still learning as I go....As far as the tuning is concerned, I am getting one regardless. I have read many threads on fears of getting a tune based on the dealer seeing that you tuned you car etc etc...Also heard there are ways around it ie going back to your stock tune, but then there's the fact that they can still tell somehow? But then I heard if you disconnect the battery you are clear. I dunno. I am not going to be putting in any prochargers or turbochargers. Just a cai and tuner and then I am done with all perfomance mods fo EVA....But as far as the warranty is concerned, for ME, I am not as worried as I once was. Now, have the dealer tell me I owe them 5 grand for them to fix the fan belt that broke and is not covered by warranty any more do to the fact that my CAI leaked Alien saliva, then i will be upset at myself. But I will just wait till then.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:36 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Uh huh yeah sure. I don't believe it for a minute. Teachers gonna get blown sooner ot later. LMAO!
ORIGINAL: teacherman

I am not going to be putting in any prochargers or turbochargers. Just a cai and tuner and then I am done with all perfomance mods fo EVA....
Old 06-09-2006, 01:38 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blazen351

Uh huh yeah sure. I don't believe it for a minute. Teachers gonna get blown sooner ot later. LMAO!
ORIGINAL: teacherman

I am not going to be putting in any prochargers or turbochargers. Just a cai and tuner and then I am done with all perfomance mods fo EVA....

NOT on our salaries!!!! LOL! Wait a minute though! Mortgage payments ARE overated!!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:49 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

LOL, You know your getting addicted to this modding thing. It or something else major like it will happen if you stick around here I bet.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:18 AM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

i would go with the C&L . i recently decided.... SCREW THE WARRANTY!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 AM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onefastv6

i would go with the C&L . i recently decided.... SCREW THE WARRANTY!

I wish I can say that. I paid for an extended bumper to bumper 75k warrenty and would hate to mess that up. I am thinking if I have any problems after my tune I am going to tell the dealer that my car is acting up and I want the comp reflashed. That should clear everything that I did to it.