Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Time for more air in

Old 06-08-2006, 02:07 AM
tGrey5spd

Default Time for more air in

So with the magnaflow duals coming in a few days it only makes sense to me that I would want more air coming in since I can have more going out. Any ideas about what might be a good match up for this exhaust? I havn't decided if I'm going true duals or getting an H put in. But I don't want to pay for more intake than the exhaust will handle. Does this make sense? Among my many character flaws, I'm cheap but like quality. Recommendations? No therapy jokes, heard 'em.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:12 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Time for more air in

Look around recent threads, there are about three people selling AFE CAI's you can probably get a hell of a deal.
ORIGINAL: tGrey5spd

So with the magnaflow duals coming in a few days it only makes sense to me that I would want more air coming in since I can have more going out. Any ideas about what might be a good match up for this exhaust? I havn't decided if I'm going true duals or getting an H put in. But I don't want to pay for more intake than the exhaust will handle. Does this make sense? Among my many character flaws, I'm cheap but like quality. Recommendations? No therapy jokes, heard 'em.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:41 AM
tGrey5spd

I read that the HP gain is AFE stage 1 - 6, Airaid - 13, K&N - 17. Let's say they each lie a little bit and the price is OK, more money - more ponies. Any recommendations? I happen to like the best gain.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:54 AM
tGrey5spd

Oops, make that Airaid 13 hp for the v6
Old 06-08-2006, 03:01 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Most poeple are saying 12 rwhp on the AFE and you don't need a tune or reflash.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:07 AM
tGrey5spd

12 sounds respectable and the fact that I don't have to tune or flash sound ok right now too. I have been reading the thread on voiding the warrantee and will need more facts before I do that.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:13 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

tgrey, basically from what I have read on the warranty stuff is this. If you mod your car, say with a dual exhaust. And a week later say your side window stops working right. By Law, the dealership cannot say "Well you added a dual exhaust and your warranty is void so you have to pay for it." In other words, if the modded part did NOT cause the problem, then the warranty is not void.

The annoying part is that I know people STILL have problems with dealerships that give them crap about stuff and they really had to fight. Some took it to another dealership and NO trouble at all. When I was getting duals I went to a dealership. And I flat out asked him if it voided my warranty and he said sinple "no, not at all." He also tried to sell me magnafloams so I dunno.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:20 AM
kevinb
1st Gear Member

I've never had my car on the dyno but I installed the airaid intake a couple of weeks ago and the car definitely seems a bit more responsive and it made for Ford Racing exhaust sound a little meaner. My dealer gave me the same bs. I simply asked if installing a CAI would void my warranty and the service writer responded "yes". I installed it anyway thinking that if I need a warranty repair that I could reinstall the factory setup.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:38 AM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

ON average the rule of thumb seems to be that, for these CAI's that do not need re-tune, usually put out about 3-5HP less than the manufacturers states...I have the K&N CAI and it was getting 9 HP, Airaid seems to be the more accurate as far as HP gain...but now I am saving my pennies to get the C&L/SCT XcalII....that's just my $.02 (which I should have saved...dang!!!)
Old 06-08-2006, 01:47 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

The thing you should be thinking about is whether or not you're going to get a turbo or a blower, if so, then you might want to hold off on getting a CAI, as one will come with your new blower or turbo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time for more air in