Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

satalite radio...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Bowzie

Default satalite radio...

I have XM radio and since buying my stang a couple weeks ago I have been without it. I a missing it big time. But, I remember how crappy the setup looked in my last car and I really dont want it looking like crap in my stang. I cant think of any way I can mount this thing and have it look good. Anyone have sat radio mounted in their stang? How'd you do it and how does it look?

In my last car(which I really didnt care about) it was sticking out to the right of the console. it was ugly and took away some of the passengers space...
Old 06-09-2006, 12:12 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: satalite radio...

ORIGINAL: Bowzie

I have XM radio and since buying my stang a couple weeks ago I have been without it. I a missing it big time. But, I remember how crappy the setup looked in my last car and I really dont want it looking like crap in my stang. I cant think of any way I can mount this thing and have it look good. Anyone have sat radio mounted in their stang? How'd you do it and how does it look?

In my last car(which I really didnt care about) it was sticking out to the right of the console. it was ugly and took away some of the passengers space...
Mine is mounted to the right of the radio console, it sits on a pivot mount so it can be level with the dash and does not take up any room on the passanger side IMO. Here are some pics:

Old 06-09-2006, 12:21 AM
dram57
1st Gear Member

I have a roady2 and I did the stick on swivel mount between the two vents over the radio.
Looks fine. It didn't have cassette so I tune in to a local station via the charger.
Also bought the remote control to avoid moving the unit.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:12 AM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

i have the xm mounted in between the middle air vents, with the silver dash and the silver face of the xm it really looks good....ive tried to uplod pictures before but i always get an error. ne ways i think where i have it its out of the way yet still accessible, plus it looks good, so itws up to you....ive been complimented plent yof times on how it ties into everything..

ORIGINAL: Bowzie

Old 06-09-2006, 07:45 AM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Mine is built into my Kenwood deck. Now would be a good time to get rid of the stock unit if you dont have the skipper 500 or 1000.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:58 PM
jude69
1st Gear Member

Hi Bowzie,

I had the same situation. I had just got a Mustang, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to hook my XM radio in the new car. Here's what I did. I placed it in the center dash between the two air vents. I was able to hide the antenna wire as shown in the picture. I used the center DC to plug in the XM receiver leaving the extra wire wrapped around the base of the plug.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39902/05A384B10E8E4AD6B3C01C8F35B4966C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/39902/74E449F152EF407F9D7E39ACE580E339.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-09-2006, 10:59 PM
shiftyv6

I have sirius mounted in the center console with antenna routed out to the trunk lid and plugs into the power port inside there. I wasnt happy with it any place else in the "cockpit"
Its kind of a p/i/t/a to change stations but I just use the remote. Its a clean install IMO.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:54 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

hey rygen how is are you getting your signal from the reciever? Did you take it to a stereo place so they could hook it up to the shaker system? or you just broadcasting it over fm or what not?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:31 AM
JerryP
2nd Gear Member

I ordered the Ankron passenger seat moumt. It mounts to the floor bolt of the passenger seat and is flexible and also has a swivel end. It should be here Monday. I hope to just position it along the console and the wires should be hidden using split wire loom on the mount shaft.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:38 PM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

Change the radio out and get yourself the Pioneer Avic-Z1...

Looks great, installs without any problems into the opening left by the skipper

I've got both Sirius AND XM now

Quick Reply: satalite radio...