Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Import V6ers more power than Stang 4.0L?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:27 AM
bluedevil06

Default RE: Import V6ers more power than Stang 4.0L?

yeah.. rygen is right with the TQ..imports will have say 250 hp but only have like 210 ft-lbs(honda) but with american there is either equally or more TQ than horsepower
Old 06-09-2006, 10:51 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onefastv6

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Are cars are actually pretty good once you get to modding them. I got a little DOHC Civic hatch back the other day. He was all motor like me and he was right on my butt but I kept getting better take offs ( that tlok does wonders) but other than that his car was pretty quick. I pulled up next to him and told him but he seem puzzled like he had beat other V6's before LOL Told him I got a procharger coming in and he said nothing.
wow i cant wait to see your dyno and track numbers! its going to be SWEET[&:]
Me too, I'm very anxous to see how you do that the track. Definitely going to be cool.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:52 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HxCory

Also our Big brother has about 300 horses(4.6 engine) If Ford made the 4.0's w/ 265(thinking of Eclipse 3.6 engine) They wouldn't sell as many GT's, so it's also a marketing decision. And how much more do those cars cost?
Yep, I concur. I have a friend who works in the Ford marketing department and she confirmed this. She was actually suprised I got the six, till I told her what I did to it. She said I am a sick sick man. LOL. Damn right!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:20 AM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

I mostly read about the 6's but isn't the GT tuned in a similar way? (i.e: throttle lag in the automatics, lower compression ratio, etc.). I dont get it....with the auto industry being so tight, wouldn't Ford jump on HP/torque gains they could do for FREE by changing the car's computer settings? I understand some of it might be to improve the longevity of the engine, so idiots don't punch it at every stop sign and then claim they bought an "unreliable" car when something gives, but this IS a sporty car, it is marketed that way, and you should be able to do all that stuff, right??

Old 06-09-2006, 11:32 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: McChicken

I mostly read about the 6's but isn't the GT tuned in a similar way? (i.e: throttle lag in the automatics, lower compression ratio, etc.). I dont get it....with the auto industry being so tight, wouldn't Ford jump on HP/torque gains they could do for FREE by changing the car's computer settings? I understand some of it might be to improve the longevity of the engine, so idiots don't punch it at every stop sign and then claim they bought an "unreliable" car when something gives, but this IS a sporty car, it is marketed that way, and you should be able to do all that stuff, right??

A lot of R&D has to go into tuning the engine and changing out components to get max power out of them, in addition to making it reliable and long lasting for the engine. It's just cheaper for ford to drop in a good output V8 and call it a day.

In a way, I'm glad they didn't tune our motors. Makes it more fun when someone at the track underestimates the car. And what fun would modding be if we couldn't retune the car?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Most of those engines have 4 valves per cylinder and variable valve timing. You do that to the 4.0 and we would be over 300hp. But then the V6 would cost a lot more.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Jimp Date 6/9/2006 11:05:22 AM
Most of those engines have 4 valves per cylinder and variable valve timing. You do that to the 4.0 and we would be over 300hp. But then the V6 would cost a lot more.
^--- What he said.

Its only a matter time before somebody comes out with a kit or somebody figures out how to change our lil ol' 4.0L to a DOHC 4.0L or hell maybe even DOHC 4.5L lol.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:24 PM
CS6Stang

I hope none of you guys are forgetting the CS6 Engine That Carroll Shelby is putting in our 'Stangs.............Mine has the CS6 engine and turns out 350 + horses..................Up with American Zoom, Zoom and down with Rice Burners..........

White lightning created with 87 octane

CS6Stang
Old 06-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Fig06
2nd Gear Member

Don't forget the government requirements on fule mileage. It's one of the main reasons Focus and small Chevys exist. Manufactures need to produce overall economy to satisify the fat bastards in DC.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: CS6Stang

I hope none of you guys are forgetting the CS6 Engine That Carroll Shelby is putting in our 'Stangs.............Mine has the CS6 engine and turns out 350 + horses..................Up with American Zoom, Zoom and down with Rice Burners..........

White lightning created with 87 octane

CS6Stang
Oh really? Wow, let's see some pics! [sm=drooldude.gif]

Quick Reply: Import V6ers more power than Stang 4.0L?