Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A kind of pointless story...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

Default A kind of pointless story...

OK, so I'm still getting used to the stares, the consistent stream of compliments from random people on and off the road, that came free with my new stang - but something different happened last night that was kinda funny. It wasn't a race or anything, I don't race on the street, period. But this mildly ricey Honda (lowered, wing, mild ground effects, I think that was it...) was sitting next to me at a stoplight last night, and I noticed that there were 2 guys and two girls - all high-school age, with the girls in the passenger's side seats - and the girl in front was GAWKING at my car. It was hilarious, because her jaw was literally on the floor and I watched her eyes read my tape stripe (that's right, girl, it says "M U S T A N G") and after the light changes I drove normally. There was traffic around, and I wound up driving away from the group of cars and didn't give it another thought.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm stuck behind another knot in traffic and here comes the Honda again, the girls start gawking again and I see them make a wierd face as the driver starts yelling at them. At this point he starts driving like a total idiot, cutting people off and weaving through traffic like an absolute maniac, probably in an attempt to prove to his girlfriend that his car is fast.

I guess I'm fortunate that that's the extent of stupidity I've seen so far, I haven't had anybody rev at me and people have been showing a lot of respect in fact, but this guy was acting kind of dangerous. I just found it kind of funny that my car looks so good that it shattered a fragile high-school ego without me even doing anything
Old 06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: A kind of pointless story...

in my opinion, that is the ultimate all time best kill yet!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:27 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

that made my day! if only people could see how dumb they look, and their cars!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

hehe... good story... these cars do get some attention [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 06-09-2006, 03:35 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

thats pretty funny. it drives me crazy when dumbasses arer driving like total idiots with helpless passengers in their car. they should be shot[sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 06-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

LOL! I haven't had anything like that happen with the stang, but one time I was sitting at a redlight on my Harley and a car that was turning right stopped in the middle of the intersection. This leggy blonde all decked out in leather and spiked heels gets out the passenger door and says "How much?" Thank goodness I had a full face helmet on and my jaw was strapped in place or it would have hit the ground I was like.... "Whaaa?" Her- "How much for the bike?" Me- "Ummm, it's not for sale." She gets back in and away they go. Quite a Twilight Zone moment
Old 06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

man, maybe i need to get a harley...
Old 06-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

LOL! We'll I've had it since buying it new in '92 and that is the only time that something like THAT happened There have been a couple of other instances of girls in cars blowing me kisses which I find really strange since they can't even see what I look like inside the helmet. But hey, I'll take what I can get
Old 06-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

its funny this thread is started today because I just went out for lunch and had one of these "moments"

I was going through the tim hortons drive through and when I got to the window to pick my food up, the girl sticks her head out the window looks the car up and down, looks at me, then looks at the car again and says

"Your car is really nice, and its even better when there is a cute guy driving it, I just wanted to tell you that"

I think my face may have gone a few shades of red... then to top it off a second girl walks by the window and says to the first girl

"your right, he is hot, and that car is awesome"

That really made my day
Old 06-09-2006, 04:16 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

i have had a guy one time who wasn't right beside me but was yelling..hey man...i leaned over to see who was yelling and he said.."sorry miss but that is a nice ride." LOL

Quick Reply: A kind of pointless story...