Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The sound of a V6 and a V8

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 10:50 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: The sound of a V6 and a V8

LOL i agree with 1 of the 2 points u made, but not the one about wishing to be an american!!

Paul

ORIGINAL: teacherman

And don't pay much attention to Paulboy. He's usually drunk and just come here to talk about his problems of wishing to be an American. ROFL!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:52 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

arent u in the wrong section?!
go away and dont come back!! lol joke

ORIGINAL: LX 5.0

a v8 is a v8. you can't make your car sound the same. Priorities!
Old 06-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys I appreciate ALL the replies.

I guess I do have to come to sort of a realization, if I can't get the sound the V8 puts out i'm gonna try my hardest to get it as close as possible.

I am kind of confused about this whole warranty issue, I didn't understand the voiding of the warranty by changing the Bumper/Dual exhaust - I guess i'm going to have to have an indepth talk with someone there about it and get this issued solved.

Being new to the whole 'enthustiast' atomosphere (I drove a 1993 Toyoya Corrola before this) I am fairly new to car parts, adding, etc, what is a good place to purchase products such as a good dual exhaust/GT Rear Bumper and i'm thouroughly confused about the whole 'X' and 'Y' patterns, though as I did research i'm leaning toward the 'X'.

Thanks!
Josh Jones
Old 06-10-2006, 11:56 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Yes, I am pretty new myself. First car was a 79 VW Bus and then the jeep and then the Saturn Piece of shat and then the mustang. Next I plan on going with a Mazda Protoge with an EVO5 front bumper(Just kidding, BIG time just kidding)

As far as ordering, I ordered some stuff from v6mustangstuff.com Nothing along the lines you are talking about but I had no problems with them and I know they have what you are looking for as far as take-offs. Someone on here may give a better place though.

As far as the GT take-off mufflers, they sound real good IMO. I like my magnaflows though If you are thinking of a real "This is my car, hear it ROOAR like a pissed off lion" kinda sound, you may want to do some research on an MRT single. I think someone just installed dual MRT's on their mustang and it sounds sweet. MRT gives you a REAl ULTRA DEEP sound. Listen to some clips and do lots of research. When you DO get an MRT muffler though, I think you transform into some kind of devil-like creature. That is just a rumor though.....I think
Old 06-11-2006, 12:03 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Have you made it through the sound clips yet? Its gonna be kind of a personal decision on your parts as to what you wanna hear. I've got the MRT Aeroturbine single. I LOVE it, but others may not. IT's not for everyone. I wanted to stay single instead of going duals. Representing the six kinda thing. Pretty much any route you go though is better than the stock muff. Good luck and welcome to the forums
Old 06-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

I'm still kind of trying to decipher between what they are (difference wise).

If I buy it from v6Mustangstuff.com I need to find a place (probably Ford dealership) that can make it Vista Blue.

The first clip was utterly amazing though.

A lot of the videos are of single exhaust with added mufflers
Old 06-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I've got dual GT mufflers on mine and I've had several comments that it sounds like a V8, and while I tend to think it does as well it most certainly does not sound like a GT. I love the sound of a GT with aftermarket exhaust, it's music to my ears. Unfortunately that is unattainable on the V6. You can make the V6 sound good, but not like that.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:42 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

dont forget the turbonator
Old 06-11-2006, 03:26 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

The reason that a v6 will never sound like a v8 is because of the firing sequence. The exhaust "pulses" are different. Even though a six cylinder will never sound like an eight, a six cylinder can sound like a bad-ace car!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:08 AM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Go to www.newtakeoff.com for the rear fascia. I got lucky, the shop I go to did some work for a guy with a GT the same color...He got a body kit so I'm getting his bumper for 100 bucks. Whooo!!!

Another question...are you guys sure that if you get duals (im going to cut behind the cats and add an X pipe) They will only void the warranty on the exhaust?

Quick Reply: The sound of a V6 and a V8