Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My most expensive birthday present ever!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 06:32 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My most expensive birthday present ever!

Happy b day and congrats on the new baby! (car) lol
Old 06-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Thanks again for the birthday wishes!

Justin, I didn't have them price it this time as the GT won't be here for 6 weeks. I'll have to take it in just before the GT arrives and work that out with them. I thought about ordering an '06 and they looked at my car then, their price was around KBB trade-in value.

Elektra, I wouldn't recommend this grille, it was a pain to put in. The Street Scenes one is a lot better if you want the GT look.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:08 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

congrats and I can't think of a better present that someone
should give themselves!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:16 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

congrats on the GT! and happy birthday! are there any mods currently on your six i could buy off ya?
Old 06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Good thinking onefastV6! Congratulations on the GT Tres! I have been thinking about the GT myself but trade-in value is low on the V6. Maybe next year! I would like the 5-speed coupe in either Windveil Blue or Hugger Orange. No more light colored interior either!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

Congrats!!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-12-2006, 08:56 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Congrats and Happy 45th !!!

Thats Great!

Yes I can relate to alot of what you said, awhile ago back in Jan I was at the dealer drove my Expedtion there to browse and try to get any new info on 07's. But in the mean time I ended making a deal on a 06 stick $9,200.00 and my car was the best deal I could neg I could also give them my car wait till June at the time and order a 07 but what ever the 07 went up (per Ford)over an 06 I would have to add on to the $9,200.00. I told them ok 07 it is I will get the car and come back So I drove home cleaned out the car got the title (no loan) but just couldn't do it so never went back. I want to wait to 08-09 Mustang and hope I like what comes out.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:11 PM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

When I have my six paid off I am going to consider trading it in for a GT as a serious option.

The six is a great car, but its not everything I wanted. I had got such a good price, (18,900 --- $24,000 sticker) It's got the Exterior Sport Appearence Package w/ Tape Stripe Delete, Interior Upgrade Package, and the Tan Interior.

My ideal car is Dark Blue GT, White Racing Stripes, Black/Red Leather Interior, IUP, EUP, Heated Seats, and GT Appearence Package.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==are there any mods currently on your six i could buy off ya? ==

Well, to tell the truth I have been contemplating this for a year and carefully picked mod's that I could transfer to a GT should this time come. So I'm going to be pulling off the interior aluminum upgrades/ floor mats/ headrest wraps, the CDC light bar & switch, the sequential turn signals, even the stars and stripes pony emblem and installing them all on the GT. I was at the point of either diving into more serious and expensive mod's that could not be transferred (supercharger, rear end, wheels/ tires) and keeping the six long term or going with the GT. The only things I'm not transferring (due to their permanent nature) are the dual GT mufflers, the window tint and the GT grille.

==I would like the 5-speed coupe in either Windveil Blue or Hugger Orange.==

I'm thinking the orange is going to be a cool color, I would have considered it if I didn't want to go with the red interior again. The salesman at the dealership is ordering one for himself, I told him I want to see it! I really want to see that color in person.

==Did I miss anything big? ==

LOL! One thing I did forget to mention above is my car doesn't have traction control or ABS. In particular it's always bothered me not having the ABS, it makes a big difference in an emergency/ panic situation. Even if I had gone off the deep-end and sunk a lot more money into my six, I still wouldn't have had that.

==and order a 07 but what ever the 07 went up over an 06 I would have to add on to the $9,200.00==

Interestingly I started negotiating an '06 with this same dealership and the price was invoice +1%. That was about 6 months ago. The price I'm getting on the '07 is invoice -100 bucks. Procrastination paid off! My main reason for waiting was to see what new options might be out there for '07 though, and I'm glad I did wait because I like some of the new items!

==I want to wait to 08-09 Mustang and hope I like what comes out. ==

Yes, I have a small fear that they're going to come out with a Mach 1 or other SE in 6 months that makes me wish I had waited But I am REALLY excited about getting the GT now that I've pulled the trigger, I've already got the mod's all planned out and will be ordering some goodies before it even gets here

Quick Reply: My most expensive birthday present ever!