Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:46 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: car wont start

i guess i didnt post clearly so i will try again. as many may know i am in the middle of a major remodle at my house. i have 3 of my sons friend from our school helping me dig the trenches for the footings. with this said when the new tube adapter and EGR adapter came from explorer express yesterday for me to try out i was bretty busy and really didnt want to install them. but since this is the last two items to finish up the kit and make them ready to ship i installed them. so i removed the throttle body and the tube between the TB and the blower. apparently when i installed the new one i pinched a wire between the TB and the tube. it is a very small black wire that goes to a diode that mounts to the side of the TB. i didnt even notice it. but after i had already called for a morning tow i went out to the car and got out my test light. now i have one of the good test lights that you hook up to the battery , that way when you probe it tells you weather your probe point is hot or groung. so im probing the fuses and not only is one blown but it shows ground. so i log on and look up the wire diagram. it was the fuse for the PCM,injectors,anti lock and such. so i start looking around following wire. so im moving wires and this small black single wire that wraps around to the outside of the TB wont move . i get my reading glasses on (yea im an old fart) and there it was just barley cliped the corner. so i loosen the TB and slide the wire out and use some fusion tape to repair the wire. replace the fuse and its done.

1. dont work on your car when your real busy
2. dont leave any stone unturned.
3. im damn glad this is fixed.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:48 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yep i will the new adapter is much better it lowers the TB a bit and slightly turns it to the right (dowm) the prob was it was rubbing a bit on the hood cover and dave wanted to fix this. and it did i made some putty points and closed the hood and it clears fin now. so with that they should be shippinf real soon!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:08 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Really happy you figure it out!!!!!

Can wait to see some of those pics!!!! And dude, old fart or not we "mechanically semichallenged" people look up to your great advice..... Don't let anyone person make you feel that this place sucks!!!!

Rock on!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:08 PM
localgod11
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amystery2u

Well if all you've done id a CAI and tune, just reflash to stock, unhook battery, reinstall old air handler and call tow truck to dealer. That is if it's still under warranty.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 06-13-2006, 01:19 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Great news Tom! Hope the photo shoot goes well. Are you going to the races this weekend?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:53 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

I bet that is a huge relief for you. I know that I would be freakin out if that happened to my car and I've invested a fraction of thime you have. When you invest the time and energy into your stang it is disheartening when something random like that happens. I'm just glad you didn't post and tell us that your tuner fried the ecu module or something and now you are reponsible for replacing the part because the warranty is voided. That would have sucked!!
Old 06-13-2006, 02:15 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Nice partial quote...I admit, for a minute, I forgot who I was posting for and his extensive list of mods..Nice of you to point that out...LMAO..
ORIGINAL: localgod11

ORIGINAL: amystery2u

Well if all you've done id a CAI and tune, just reflash to stock, unhook battery, reinstall old air handler and call tow truck to dealer. That is if it's still under warranty.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]