Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:50 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default car wont start

ok so i get into the car and put in the key and it wont start. batery ok lights work . when i turn the key back i get dct data error it also said check charging system and check tracktion control. funny thing is thats what it says when you reflash so ok . i hook up the tuner thinking maybe that will help but it wont recognise that the key is on. i thought it was the pats system so i tried the other key. i guess im towing it to my bud tomarrow. did i miss anything. i thought i saw a post like this a while ago?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:00 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: car wont start

ok first off i have no real clue and am no expert....having
said that, it almost sounds like the cars computer flash memory
is either corrupted or missing and/or the computer is running solely
on it's bios.....I am very interested in finding out what this problem
turns out to be...i hope you get her running real soon
Old 06-12-2006, 11:08 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Time to panic? All of us that have flash-tuned our cars that is. Be sure to let us know what the problem is. I can honestly tell you that if that happened to me my wife would say"Itold you not to mess with the car"
Old 06-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Rrruss
1st Gear Member

Disconnect the battery cable to "reset" everything and hope for the best?

Think of it as pulling the plug on your computer when it gets hung up
Old 06-12-2006, 11:15 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Well if all you've done id a CAI and tune, just reflash to stock, unhook battery, reinstall old air handler and call tow truck to dealer. That is if it's still under warranty.

afixer, did you unhook the battery for a few minutes then try to restart? I'm not much on cars but if it was my home computer first thing I would do is reboot. Same situation here basically. Just the cars version requires taking the power away. If my suggestion is stupid, just disregard. I have 20+ years messing with computers and 6 months modding my stang.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:47 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Yeah I have only seen that on a reflash..... and the engine goes into protection mode...... I would try the battery disconnect... but sounds like a tune gone bad ...... flash memory is very volatile.... battery disconect should work.

Sorry and good luck!!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with swapping out the cluster with the upgraded instrument cluster. The Ford dealership that I went to swap mine out had to "borrow" a computer program with an 05 they had on the lot. They even had to call Y2K Ford because they didn't have a clue how to swap one out. Just a thought.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:24 AM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

I for one hope it has nothing to do with the X-Charger! []
Old 06-13-2006, 01:34 AM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

what happened to the dependable x-charged daily driver huh?!?!?! i do recall reading something along the lines of "i'll be passing all you vortech/prcharger guys sitting on the side of the road...." sorry to hear about the problems man....sounds like a time nice cold beer to me
ORIGINAL: afixer

ok so i get into the car and put in the key and it wont start. batery ok lights work . when i turn the key back i get dct data error it also said check charging system and check tracktion control. funny thing is thats what it says when you reflash so ok . i hook up the tuner thinking maybe that will help but it wont recognise that the key is on. i thought it was the pats system so i tried the other key. i guess im towing it to my bud tomarrow. did i miss anything. i thought i saw a post like this a while ago?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:35 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

na its not the x so i just got home had the battery disconnected for 2 hours. still same thing. i was on the phone with my tech friend . seams like the moduel that runs the cluster cant talk to the computer. i can pop the trunk open the doors radio air lights all ok . just not the started and i get some data erors on the message center. so ill tow it to my bud in the morning. looks like my photo shoot on wed is off. this is so ****ing messed up. anyway i cant even reflash the tuner cant comunicate with it. so if its a pcm prob im probubly screwed! my bud said they are replacing smartboxes left and right . so i hope thats it. ill post tommarrow when i hear somthing!

Quick Reply: car wont start