Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Took car in for TSB and got screwed

Old 06-13-2006, 08:16 PM
amx1397

Default Took car in for TSB and got screwed

at 11900 miles i took my 2005 in for a TSB as it was making a knocking sound when you make a sharp turn. Plansation Ford of Ft. Laduderdale Fl. replaced the front end bushing,, (Oh when i changed the oil a week before that the tires were fine) now , Today i was changing the oil again and the front tires were worn out on the inside tread shot ,,gone to the cord. miles 13756 1800 miles sence the dealer changed the bushings,, I had ask if the front alinement was done after the bushings,,was nold not needed with this TSB,, and took the car in today and was told go get you car alined and rotate the tires the A---H--- has the nerve to say go get you car alined when the caused the problem.. any way if you go for this TSB make suer they do the alinement or blow their braines out. now ford will never see me again,, anyone want a 2005 6 cyl cheap i'll go buy a Honda..
sorry for the double post,, jim
Old 06-13-2006, 08:51 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Took car in for TSB and got screwed

ORIGINAL: amx1397

at 11900 miles i took my 2005 in for a TSB as it was making a knocking sound when you make a sharp turn. Plansation Ford of Ft. Laduderdale Fl. replaced the front end bushing,, (Oh when i changed the oil a week before that the tires were fine) now , Today i was changing the oil again and the front tires were worn out on the inside tread shot ,,gone to the cord. miles 13756 1800 miles sence the dealer changed the bushings,, I had ask if the front alinement was done after the bushings,,was nold not needed with this TSB,, and took the car in today and was told go get you car alined and rotate the tires the A---H--- has the nerve to say go get you car alined when the caused the problem.. any way if you go for this TSB make suer they do the alinement or blow their braines out. now ford will never see me again,, anyone want a 2005 6 cyl cheap i'll go buy a Honda..
Sorry to hear that, but before you jump into Honda purchase, I had similar experience with Honda Odyssey. Had to take it in 3 times for wobly suspension and pulling to one side under acceleration. They couldn't find anything and had it realigned several times with no luck. It was a b---. Thanks to some forum, I was able to locate that front suspension nut wasn't torqued right and took it back. They looked stupid but didn't appologize. This happened the first yer and after that I had EGR valve replaced, brakes shot every 15-18K, Transmission was replaced a couple month ago under a recall, sliding door seals have to be replaced every year or door just sticks, etc... My wifes Accord is chipply made as well but holding and we both still have around 60K on our cars. So Ford is looking better to me now.
I think in every batch there is a lemon but hang in there if it is the only issue you had. I already had a junction block replaced on my Stang at 900miles :-)
Old 06-13-2006, 09:11 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I wouldn't say with the limited problems he had that he is anywhere near having a lemon.

Don't blame your car or Ford for crap service from one dealership. So you got a sh**y service department, that can happen at Honda too. Take your car to a different dealership.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:17 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

right on.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:22 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

I had problems with the service department of my original dealership, totally unprofessional and unorganized so I just took my car somewhere else. The new place is much better and now whenever people ask about the old dealership, I give them my two cents. Like he ^ said, some dealerships are just crap.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Stadty05Stanger

I downright hate the service dept. i bought my car from. I just go to one closer to work and everything is fabulous! You always just gotta find the right people
Old 06-13-2006, 10:00 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blazen351

I wouldn't say with the limited problems he had that he is anywhere near having a lemon.

Don't blame your car or Ford for crap service from one dealership. So you got a sh**y service department, that can happen at Honda too. Take your car to a different dealership.

Dude, exactly what Blazen said. I live in your area and I will tell you that Plantation Ford sucks man!!! They have a BAD rep. World Ford is even worse IMHO. Try Sawgrass Ford, they are cool as hell, the techs are friendly and I have NEVER had a problem with them, nor has my wife who is no longer afraid to go. If Sawgrass sucks then try Beach Ford which may be a drive for you, but give Sawgrass a try first.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:31 AM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

ORIGINAL: amx1397

The last comment you made was so completely assinine, and typical of the average car consumer today. You get an idiot for a dealer service rep and now your going to buy a Honda. LOL.
You ever see a Honda dealership? They have shop bays too, you know why? Honda's break, shh don't tell anybody. And guess what, there a bad Honda dealers, shhh don't tell anybody.
Did you talk to the service manager? Did you talk to the GM of the store? Did you call Ford service?
It's obvious you were dealing with an idiot.
And just for the record, I have owned as many imports as I have domestics so I'm not biased against Honda.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:08 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Mines at the dealer right now for a tranny leak!![]

good thing the procharger has not been installed yet.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:38 AM
kemo24
1st Gear Member

that suck sorry man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Took car in for TSB and got screwed