Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Vortech or Procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:23 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Default Vortech or Procharger?

I'm going to take a pole... which is better for the 2006 V6 Mustang? A Stage 2 Intercooled Procharger kit or a Vortech supercharger kit?
Old 06-14-2006, 04:33 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Vortech or Procharger?

Actually I meant Shelby/Paxton Supercharger not Vortech
Old 06-14-2006, 10:31 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Man nothing is really better than the other. They will all put out around the same time. Its all personal opinion and research that you have done. What you feel is better. I like the paxton but it requries a 8.8 rear end and it taps into the oil pan. I went with procharger cause its self cooled plus I was eye'n the procharger set up before I even owned a 05 stang LOL
I just like procharger They've been around for a while

If you look at the "Mustangs and Fast Fords" Mag it has a supercharger slugfest going on with the v8's Procharger Vs Kenny Bell. They were about the same in 1/4 times. It just comes down to what set up YOU like and feel comfortable going with.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

I'm going to take a pole...
I hope you mean "poll"! I mean if you want to take a pole, I guess that's your business but they have other forums on the internet for that Anyway, I agree with Rick that it is purely personal preference. One isn't "better" than the other, and really the differences between them are fairly minor. Probably the biggest difference is the Vortech taps into the motor & oil pan for oil and the Procharger is self-contained and requires its own oil change at 6k intervals. Do searches and read up on the two systems and decide for yourself. Don't exclude the X-Charger or PH turbo either, look at all your options before making a decision.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:23 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

rick the procharger is self oiled i cought a typo dunno if you ment to write that and wote something else instead

but what im wondering tho, is how the paxton charger has to do with the rear end?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

i was curious about that too. 8.8 or 7.5 shoulden't matter?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

It doesn't matter. The shelby cs6 has the 8.8 rearend, its not required just for putting the supercharger in your car.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:11 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Lol yea sorry I meant poll... as you can see it was really early I was up looking into the Paxton supercharger because I had just heard about it by going to Vortech's website. Thanks alot for you guys' help this is deffinitly a kickass site it's my mustang version of myspace
Old 06-14-2006, 04:02 PM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

Well, we'll need a stronger rearend if you're pushing a lot of power. So it might not be required, but def reccomended.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:14 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HxCory

Well, we'll need a stronger rearend if you're pushing a lot of power. So it might not be required, but def reccomended.
Geez.... i pounded my 7.5 with close to 500 ft/lbs of torque on drag radials.... I really think every one is being way to paranoid about the 7.5 rear.... hell, i broke my motor before i broke my rear end...

The only guys i know that have broke the 7.5 is powerhouse and they drop the clutch at 5,000 RPM WHILE they were spraying the 100HP shot of Nitrous! (or was it 125??? LOL).

Quick Reply: Vortech or Procharger?