Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Went with my wife and looked at cars for her today,

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:43 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Went with my wife and looked at cars for her today,

I am not trading in my mustang. She is trading in her beetle, it has about 80k on it, and will cost a buttload to maintain if she drives 40k+ miles per year. We are thinking of getting her something affordable, easy to maintain, gets good gas mileage, and she wants a stick shift and a sunroof. The reason I listed those cars was for those reasons. I liked the pricepoint of the kia, as well as the warranty. there is some peace of mind with a new car, that you won't get pounded with a $2000 surprise repair bill, and if she breaks down somewhere, she can get on her cellphone, and get 24 hour roadside service, and a loaner car until her car is fixed. The onda and toyota of course appeal to me for the obvious reasons: Reliability. Parts and maintenance costs for those though, SUCK.

Honestly, I don't see her driving anything domestic... she likes the looks of the imports. She curses outloud every time she sees someone in a new chevy cavalier or cobalt. Gotta love her!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:48 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

What kind of car allowance and mileage reimbursement will she get? I use my Stang for business and come out ahead on expenses when all costs and reimbursements are considered; yes, I get paid to drive my Stang!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

We have 2 ponies (actually 3 if you count the Saleen) In our house hold

[IMG]local://upfiles/30225/EB0D76832C2C4ED3A65C1DF2C591CE9D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/30225/1A3C2412DE4A44CB90DB2FFCA93727FC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-15-2006, 05:04 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Not enough, I am afraid, only $30 a week for gas. Which is why we are thinking sewing machine powered import.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:12 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Wow... this thread wasnt what I thought it would be.... I kinda thought...

Sweetheart, you need a new car... Let's go to the Ford dealership, they give good deals.... Oh, look dear a Mustang... they are very reliable, good gas mileage an very safe... I want this FOR YOU....
Old 06-15-2006, 05:13 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

HEHEHEHE, we did actually think about it for a second. I said we could always go and get another mustang. We still might - ya never know
Old 06-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

FORD ESCAPE HYBRID.
My girlfreind bought one 6 months ago.
BE AMERICAN. Buy American.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:10 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thomas Ford

FORD ESCAPE HYBRID.
My girlfreind bought one 6 months ago.
BE AMERICAN. Buy American.
Sorry to be the one to tell ya, but there is very little about Ford that's american any more...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:27 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

new Civics are the best for the money and economy at 40mpg on freeway and low 30's in the city. Civic's are wider than Corollas and faster. If she wants sporty and economy, get her the Civic SI. Scions are a bit heavy and have 2.4L engine and average mid 20's freeway/City. Instead of Scion i would get another Stang :-) Same economy and more power :-)
Old 06-15-2006, 10:41 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

After weighing all the options, we decided to keep her turbo beetle. In a year it will be due for the dreaded timing belt/waterpump change, and we will re-evaluate then. She really loves the car, and it has almost every option, and since she financed it two years ago, her rates are really low... much lower than we could get now.... so her car payment it a lot less than a new car that she didn't really want to begin with. I can't argue that logic.

One thing I DID learn from all the car searching was, I am really happy with my mustang purchase. I have had it about a month now, and still enjoy driving it as much as I did on the first, and all the little annoyances aside, the pro's outweigh the cons, i love the way it looks, and it just seems like a much better car for me than what else I could buy for the same amount of money. Hat's off to Ford, I used to be a chevy man, but they don't make anything comparable, and Dodge... If i had 30k to spend for something with a hemi, i would probably still buy a GT.

Quick Reply: Went with my wife and looked at cars for her today,