MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   stupid question (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/140116-stupid-question.html)

CMCs05pony 06-15-2006 11:56 PM

stupid question

All the cars I've seen on here are beautiful and I love the 4.0, but I'm new and I can't help but ask. I see a majority of the V6's on this forum with the GT front and rear bumpers, the GT style grills, dual exhausts, etc... So my stupid question is, why not just buy the GT instead of spending all the time and money for the mods?

I have the 4.0 and personally I like the grill without the fogs & I wouldn't mind a dual exhaust, but I'll probably just stick with my axle-back. And again, all the cars I've seen on here are awesome, so I'm not trying to start any arguments.

Justin_R 06-15-2006 11:57 PM

RE: stupid question

Oh boy here we go again! LOL! :D

Fizzie06 06-16-2006 12:06 AM

Price tag...........and its fun to watch your car get faster gradually...to me its rewarding installing the things that I am able oh yeah and working your ass off at work or maybe a few more hours or shifts just to get somthing for your car granted I would probably do it with a v8 also but it would not be as fun for me ...... what do you shoot for? I am shooting now to get my car faster then the v8 .........not there yet but will be soon. The look on there face when they find out its a six.

I have dual exhaust on my car and thats the only thing on my car that looks v8 I have the pony package grill and will probably keep it that way......maybe

amystery2u 06-16-2006 12:12 AM

It's the modding bug. I was so happy with my stock stang and for the first week didn't even think of modding it. All I wanted at first was fog lights, then all hell broke loose.

afixer 06-16-2006 12:15 AM

i still have all the stock stuff front and rear i like the fogs for the added lighting and it an after market kit not a gt kit. i did the duals because i have always been taught if you puut mare air in you need more flow. i myself am not into the whole gt front and rear bumber thing but alot of guys dont want to cut the rear valance as i and others did to put duals. also unfortunatly you cane buy the takeoffs so cheap that by the time you get the SS grill harness and lights your almost there. other than the fact that cutting the valance and installing the SS grill is about an hour job compaired to and all day swap for the bumpers. but if most are like me i enjoy tinkering with the car it makes it mine. welcome to the forums.

Black GT 06-16-2006 12:24 AM

What's the difference between the after-market fog-light kit and the GT fog-light kit?

afixer 06-16-2006 12:26 AM

its made for the v6 bumper verses craming a gt grill into the v6 bumper

beaustang 06-16-2006 12:30 AM

If I had aGT I'd do a bunch of stuff to it too, then you'd ask why not just buy a Saleen or Shelby...it's not the destination, it's the journey.

Wicked Pony 06-16-2006 01:17 AM

ORIGINAL: beaustang

If I had aGT I'd do a bunch of stuff to it too, then you'd ask why not just buy a Saleen or Shelby...it's not the destination, it's the journey.
+1

teacherman 06-16-2006 02:38 AM

ORIGINAL: CMCs05pony

All the cars I've seen on here are beautiful and I love the 4.0, but I'm new and I can't help but ask. I see a majority of the V6's on this forum with the GT front and rear bumpers, the GT style grills, dual exhausts, etc... So my stupid question is, why not just buy the GT instead of spending all the time and money for the mods?

I have the 4.0 and personally I like the grill without the fogs & I wouldn't mind a dual exhaust, but I'll probably just stick with my axle-back. And again, all the cars I've seen on here are awesome, so I'm not trying to start any arguments.

I feel that Beaustang, Fizzie, and the rest of the gang answered the question perfectly. Just remember though, that there really is not a stupid question on these forums. Perhaps questions that have been asked many times, but not stupid. As long as it's not "How do I unlock my doors guys??" or "My engine is running but how do I move?" those are perhaps stupid questions. Other than that, it's allllll good. You should not have to come to message boards, being polite and asking a question with the worry of getting flamed. I hate that **** and it really pisses me off. Anyway, welcome brother!:D