Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

LSD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:22 PM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: LSD?

damn....so i'm gonna have to keep buying those every once in a while....i dont have that kind of money, so i guess i wont be burning out at all...not that i do, it would just be fun to get some stares and scare some people
Old 06-17-2006, 12:34 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: V6MustangKnight

damn....so i'm gonna have to keep buying those every once in a while....i dont have that kind of money, so i guess i wont be burning out at all...not that i do, it would just be fun to get some stares and scare some people
You don't replace the whole t-lock... you just have the clutch plates replaced.. not a big deal in my mind... I do LOTS of burn outs... I've got 25,000 miles on mine... and I pound the living snot out of it.. no problems.. LOL
Old 06-17-2006, 12:36 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

You don't replace the whole t-lock... you just have the clutch plates replaced.. not a big deal in my mind... I do LOTS of burn outs... I've got 25,000 miles on mine... and I pound the living snot out of it.. no problems.. LOL
cool, that makes me feel better that at least they go on for a while
Old 06-17-2006, 12:51 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I had like 60,000 on my 02 GT... never a problem with that one either... LOL Although I didn't bang on it as hard as my 05... plus the 02 GT had a 8.8... but the t-lok is the same design...
Old 06-17-2006, 12:57 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

I had like 60,000 on my 02 GT... never a problem with that one either... LOL Although I didn't bang on it as hard as my 05... plus the 02 GT had a 8.8... but the t-lok is the same design...
ok, i have a hard time following people with numbers and decimals....what exactly do u mean by 8.8? what do those mean? and what does it mean when someone says my car has 4.11 gears?
Old 06-17-2006, 06:30 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I do LOTS of burn outs... I've got 25,000 miles on mine... and I pound the living snot out of it.. no problems.. LOL
Scrming... when you make a statement like this... pound the living snot out of it ... it may be the understatement of the year. I've almost called the limited slip welfare authorities to report a case of abuse!
Old 06-17-2006, 08:15 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I do LOTS of burn outs... I've got 25,000 miles on mine... and I pound the living snot out of it.. no problems.. LOL
Scrming... when you make a statement like this... pound the living snot out of it ... it may be the understatement of the year. I've almost called the limited slip welfare authorities to report a case of abuse!

Old 06-17-2006, 08:19 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ok, i have a hard time following people with numbers and decimals....what exactly do u mean by 8.8? what do those mean? and what does it mean when someone says my car has 4.11 gears?
The 8.8 refers to the rear end size.... we have a 7.5 inch rear end in our cars... the GT's get an 8.8 inch rear end...

Our cars come with a 3.31 gear set in the rear end... moving to a higher number like 3.73 or 4.10 gives you more UMPH off the line but it also means higher RPMS... some one can probably do a lot better techincal explaination... LOL
Old 06-17-2006, 08:19 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

8.8 is just another LSD, but I believe it's Ford factory. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:03 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Yea, no doubt. Throwing 500 ft lbs of TQ to the rear wheels at it, on a very hard launch with a 125 shot..... he should have blew out the rear end before blowing something in the engine. LOL.

Quick Reply: LSD?