Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Stiff Street Racing Penalties

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 07:52 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Stiff Street Racing Penalties

<-----$1219 fine, 175 hours community service, 60 days jail time, all for 1 street race. Now you know why i dont like it
Old 06-16-2006, 07:54 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: fazm

<-----$1219 fine, 175 hours community service, 60 days jail time, all for 1 street race. Now you know why i dont like it
Was it just a stoplight derby or a full street race?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:58 PM
vb101
1st Gear Member

Let's put this in perspective. If someone deliberately street races gets caught should be punished the same as the person that simply drives recklessly. Which in most cases would be a stiff fine and possible loss of drivers license for some specified time, a month or so. Taking away someone's car and crushing it is nothing more than legal vengeance. If someone injures or kills a person street racing they should be prosecuted the same as any drunk driver, reckless driver or anyone else driving dangerously that kills someone as a result. Putting a street racer away for life for killing someone yet letting a drunk driver that killed someone out after 10 years is equally vengeful. I would rather see a drunk driver put away for life if anyone. The best friend I ever had was killed by a drunk driver that got a whopping 10 years behind bars. There are far more dunk drivers and stoned drivers out there than there are street racers. When I lived in Louisville the biggest cause of accidents and deaths on the highway was actually people doing things like shaving, putting on makeup and even reading a book while driving. I hardly think crushing a street racers car or putting him away for life is going to make much of a dent in highway injuries and deaths compared to other equally dangerous and more numerous violations committed everyday. If the law is going to punish street racers that way they should punish ALL dangerous drivers the same. Crush the drunk drivers car and put him away for life if he kills someone. Crush the car of that evil soccer mom who talks on the cell phone or put her away for life if she runs over a pedestrian while yaking away. All that kind of harsh law is going to do is take the focus away from where the REAL problems are on the highways. Heck if they want to be that way then why not shoot drug dealers on sight, no arrest and nt trial. Crucify murderers and rapists lining major highways with their dead and decaying bodies nailed to crosses. Why not even go further and make the death penalty mandatory for ALL crimes! I guarantee that crime could be wiped out within one generation if we did that. We would all live safe and happy lives then!

Street racing is bad but is in no way comparable to a habitual drunk driver or a person stoned out of his mind or a murderer, rapist, child molester. Street racing is stupid, often dangerous and sometimes even deadly but it is not by far the worst violation a person can commit on the road, or anywhere else for that matter and should not be treated as such. Make the punishment fit the crime.

Personally, I would rather go to the track. At least then I would have proof of my win with the time slip. Unfortunately many places do not have tracks for reasons ranging from zoning laws to neighborhoods that didn't want the noise. My brother lives in Mississippi near a drag strip and the drag strip very nearly got closed down a few years ago because residents in the area didn't like the noise. The track was there first but who cares about that? I say if the government wants to really cut down on street racing they should build government operated tracks for the racers to go to. I think that would have more of an impact on street racing than crushing a street racers car.

Knee jerk politics infuriates me. It's things like this that takes the emphasis away from things that are far more of a problem like alcohol and drug addiction for example.

That's my rant. I feel better now.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:03 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

ORIGINAL: fazm

Was it just a stoplight derby or a full street race?
Full street race, and i wasnt even racing at the time.... Thats Milpitas california for you though. If you are in the vehicle its 60-180 days in jail, and 2nd offense is up to 1 year.

They were so stringent with me because the cop said i tried to run.... i run a 4:55 mile, and he looks like he eats 400 donuts a day.... theres no way i tried to run lol. But my attorney ditched me on my court date, got stuck with a state appointed one, long story short, i copped a plee, it was horrible. I was young, it was dumb. Never again.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:11 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

You live in Walnut? Your not too far from Irwindale; open track every thursday night from 4pm to 10pm $20 for all the runs you can get in.
ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

ORIGINAL: afixer

so im an idiot too i guess. having lost a few friends to racing and other stupid drive technics. i have to say they need to do something. and as far as a cop coming out of nowhere. how about the stupid soccer mom or the old fart that pulls out into the lane and causes someone to swerve. you guys are all full of crap. yes i said that crap. i have been to the track a few times now. Even on a strait line track with emergency equiptment and perfect conditions they have probs. remember you may be (or at least think you are) the best driver in the world and your car may be in tiptop shape, but what about the other guy? i have seen most of your posts ah the other car was a POS or somthin. what if they blow a tire a rad hose. anything you just never know. there are so many variables ok so your racing and some idiot pulls out cus he didnt see you. ya its his fault but if you werent speeding you probubly could have avoided him. so then whos fault is it. what are we tring to prove. i dread the day when were all wondering where one of us is just to find out we have been hurt or killed. yes i drive fast my wife yells at me all the time the car just go fast. do i look for cars to kill no! do i get temped when on pulls up next to me. fortunatly for me i leave so hard regularly within 20 feet, in my mind its over before it started. you guys are all good people and i enjoy sharing my day with you. but please get it out of your system or take it to the track. i dont want the next paper we read to be about you!. im done flame me all you want i really dont care! im 45 old and tired and have 4 kids and a wife to worrie about getting killed by some ricer racing now i have to add mustangs to the list!
Crushing a violator's car is cool with me... as long as it's not my car. But life in prison for manslaughter? I'm sure it happens, though; someone does something so stupid, like colliding with a family van by street racing.. killing all the children onboard.

The only track I know of is somewhere in anahiem. Is there one nearby your pad?
Old 06-16-2006, 08:27 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

SOOOO, if i got caught racing from a light and i slow before i hit the speed limit and no ones gets injured blah blah, can they still LEGALY take my car???? and by take i dont mean impound till i sign sumthing i mean "gone forever" taken.

Paul
Old 06-16-2006, 08:30 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i dont know about there. But here its not illegal to accelerate fast as long as you dont spin the tires. I did it next to a cop last night up to the 45 speed limit. He caught up to me, flipped his lights on for 2 seconds, then sped off. What an *******.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:43 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

You live in Walnut? Your not too far from Irwindale; open track every thursday night from 4pm to 10pm $20 for all the runs you can get in.
ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

ORIGINAL: afixer

so im an idiot too i guess. having lost a few friends to racing and other stupid drive technics. i have to say they need to do something. and as far as a cop coming out of nowhere. how about the stupid soccer mom or the old fart that pulls out into the lane and causes someone to swerve. you guys are all full of crap. yes i said that crap. i have been to the track a few times now. Even on a strait line track with emergency equiptment and perfect conditions they have probs. remember you may be (or at least think you are) the best driver in the world and your car may be in tiptop shape, but what about the other guy? i have seen most of your posts ah the other car was a POS or somthin. what if they blow a tire a rad hose. anything you just never know. there are so many variables ok so your racing and some idiot pulls out cus he didnt see you. ya its his fault but if you werent speeding you probubly could have avoided him. so then whos fault is it. what are we tring to prove. i dread the day when were all wondering where one of us is just to find out we have been hurt or killed. yes i drive fast my wife yells at me all the time the car just go fast. do i look for cars to kill no! do i get temped when on pulls up next to me. fortunatly for me i leave so hard regularly within 20 feet, in my mind its over before it started. you guys are all good people and i enjoy sharing my day with you. but please get it out of your system or take it to the track. i dont want the next paper we read to be about you!. im done flame me all you want i really dont care! im 45 old and tired and have 4 kids and a wife to worrie about getting killed by some ricer racing now i have to add mustangs to the list!
Crushing a violator's car is cool with me... as long as it's not my car. But life in prison for manslaughter? I'm sure it happens, though; someone does something so stupid, like colliding with a family van by street racing.. killing all the children onboard.

The only track I know of is somewhere in anahiem. Is there one nearby your pad?
Oh right. Irwindale sounds awfully familiar.. I'll look it up.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:45 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

irwindalespeedway.com it is at the 210 and the 605 1/8 mile track i go there once and a while now. and if the cop wants to he could get you for ex of speed. street racing is one of those hot buttons. we all did it at one time as i have said in the past when i was a kid i used to take my 67 GT cougar down to pershing in playa de Rey where i lived. they had a bobs big boy we would meet in the parking lot and then go down there. full mile with no side roads so you had a 1/4 mile all to yourself. that was then 25 plus years ago. we have alot more cars and idiots out there more chances to get in a wreck. i constantly preach to my 18 year old. about safe driving. just last night he was on the freway and a ladder fell out of the truck in front of him. he swerved and missed it and all is good. man it sucks having teenage kids! please just be safe out there!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:11 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

'bout time. Two a$$holes in Edmonton were racing, one is in critical condition. No friggin a$$hole has the right to put my life in jeopardy. Go to the track, do it safe or suffer by watching your ride get crushed. It's about my rights to a safe road, not the rights of brain dead jerks who endanger others. I rode a bike for almost 20 years. You just don't know how scary it is out there until you ride a bike.

Quick Reply: New Stiff Street Racing Penalties