Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Another kill maybe......

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:00 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Default Another kill maybe......

I was cruising dow a 2 lane road with my 9 year old daughter and top down when I noticed in front of me an older GT mustang with huge rims/tires (possibly 295's or 305's in the back). Also there was an dodge R/T (older) that was trailing behind him. At every light they would both wind up their engines and as light turns green they would peel out and I hear R/T had a turbo that would wind up. Mustang was non blown and just groweled.
Well, the road opened up to 3 lanes with 40ml speed limit and a slight incline. R/T took the left lane and Mustang in the middle. I was behind R/T and noticed that they both slowed down to 20mph, not sure to annoy me or prepared to race since it was clear in front. I decided to pass them on the right side since that lane was clear for a bit before another lane merged up ahead. As I got on the right side of the Mustang, both drivers looked over to me and I heard engines begin to growl. I was in 3rd gear so I quickly downshifted to second at 20mph and floored it. Seemed like we all floored it at the same time and the growl of our engines and Turbo on R/T made it sound like we are at Indy 500 :-) Well, at 55mph (came quickly) I was approaching merging lane and had to slow down or change to middle lane where the other Mustang was so.........Still in second and my engine quickly approaching red line I glanced in the left mirror and noticed that I passed the mustang enough to merge so I took a chance and cut into his lane and upshifted to 3rd :-) At 65mph I decided to slow down since I have my daughter in the car and got my point accross. As I let go of accelerator, R/T passed me by on the left side with his Turbo winding up what sounded like at its maximum speed.
I got into the left lane behind R/T and let Mustang pass. He just slowed down and we greated each other in a nice way since It was just friendly race :-) I thought for sure he would leave me in the dust but am very surprised how fast our moded V6's are in 2nd gear to 60mph.
I am a happy camper considering the extra 65 lb of precious weight that I had in the car. I would never do it again with family member in the car but opportunities like this come once in a long while :-)
Old 06-16-2006, 02:07 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Another kill maybe......

Street racing is bad... especially with your little one in the car!

er... now, that being said... to be honest, I probably would have taken the opportunity myself LOL! Nice kills! Two birds with one Mustang!

What mods do you have?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

nice man, but if I had my daughter with me there would be no way in hell I would ever race, not even a bit. I would rather smash my mustang in a wall, then light it on fire and drive it off the grand canyon before racing with a family member in the car, especially your kids.

BUT besides that it sounded like a fun expirence, its nice to get a bunch of nice cars on the road together
Old 06-16-2006, 02:14 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

er... now, that being said... to be honest, I probably would have taken the opportunity myself LOL! Nice kills! Two birds with one Mustang!

What mods do you have?
Xcal 2 with 91tune, C&L CAI, Magnaflow, Gt rims, sway bars, Royal Purple oil in engine/transmission.
My car pulls fairly strong. I realize that racing is bad with family member in the car and will never do it again. Well, I did race with my daughter before at Malibu race way in one of those 2 passenger go kar. She loved it so much that she wants to do it again. I created a monster :-) Please don't look at me in the bad light, my mistake and sorry to all with kids.

I wish we could do an organized race someplace. I found a few perfect spots but not sure how many folks would be interested. If anyone in Bay Area (California) wants to organize something, I am in.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:44 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: thatstang

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

What mods do you have?
Xcal 2 with 91tune, C&L CAI, Magnaflow, Gt rims, sway bars, Royal Purple oil in engine/transmission.
My car pulls fairly strong. I realize that racing is bad with family member in the car and will never do it again. Well, I did race with my daughter before at Malibu race way in one of those 2 passenger go kar. She loved it so much that she wants to do it again. I created a monster :-) Please don't look at me in the bad light, my mistake and sorry to all with kids.

I wish we could do an organized race someplace. I found a few perfect spots but not sure how many folks would be interested. If anyone in Bay Area (California) wants to organize something, I am in.
Find a track... I imagine there's a few in the bay area. Once you race on the track, you'll want to go back again and again! It's so much more fun than street racing, imo.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:25 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thatstang

She loved it so much that she wants to do it again. I created a monster :-) Please don't look at me in the bad light, my mistake and sorry to all with kids.
You should build her a junior dragster and you both could hang out at the track.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:16 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

did she tell mommy she was in a race or is it your little secret!
Old 06-16-2006, 06:01 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Good story man and nice kills. I have kids too and I'm not gonna give you any crap, like you said how often do you get a chance like that.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:08 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Funny how kids are sometimes....the other day I had bot of my sons in my stang with me (ages: 11 & 13) and a new sR1 Vette pulled up next to me, nice looking specimen too...I knew I would get crushed by it, but they were like "go dad, step on it, make her growl"...So I laughed & explained to them that sometimes is not a good idea and street racing is bad. So the vette escaped and then I punched it and passed the vette but I knew that I would have gotten crushed if I would had taken the vette on....just another page in my book!
Old 06-16-2006, 06:31 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

exactly, and its just the same as florring it with no one arround... everyones dun it with family/kids in the car, so stop moaning about crap like "street racing is bad, damn it just stop lol, u will NEVER stop it and EVERYONE has dun it once in their life, well.... anyone with any *****.

Paul
ORIGINAL: blazen351

Good story man and nice kills. I have kids too and I'm not gonna give you any crap, like you said how often do you get a chance like that.

Quick Reply: Another kill maybe......