Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

saw a nice looking red mustang this morning on the way to work

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:48 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Default saw a nice looking red mustang this morning on the way to work

It came up behind me, full of people, and had the nice chrome grill teatment, which i had not seen in person till now, and I liked it...

then as it went past me, I noticed it had gt emblems on the fenders, and a gt fake gas cap on the back... looked down, one stock tailpipe. I kinda laughed a little... is that wrong?
Old 06-16-2006, 04:55 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: saw a nice looking red mustang this morning on the way to work

I think it's never wrong to laugh at posers. I wonder if all the GT badging was dealer-installed trickery.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:59 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I think it's never wrong to laugh at posers. I wonder if all the GT badging was dealer-installed trickery.
Maybe it was a GT that was a V6 wannabe!

I'm with ya...although I must say I don't really consider the people with "clones" of classic cars to be posers since there aren't too many of the original SS's and Cobras, etc. around anymore. But yeah...when you put badges and such from a car that is currently being made or not something considered "classic," you're posin'.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:59 PM
CMCs05pony
2nd Gear Member

It's probably still a work in progress. Rome wasn't built in a day, and gorgeous custom cars aren't either. So that would be a good excuse.

That being said, personally, I'm not a fan of putting GT badges on a V6, the same as putting Saleen badges on a GT with a Saleen body kit. To each his own, but that's a bit too much false advertising for me. I'd rather have the opposite. A sleeper that can run with a GT, but still has the look and charm of the 6.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Dude, you have sighted the super-rare inline 8 cylinder (otherwise know as the Straight Eight) GT!!!! It only has one tailpipe! LOL! That reminds me of a car that was up for sale on eBay, it was a '70 Buick GSX which you older guys & gals may recall is a very rare version of the Buick GS that had a decklid spoiler, hood tach, ram air hood and 455 and special vinyl striping. It was a one-owner car, owned by a woman who had bought it new. She had a full restoration done on it a few years ago and the restoration shop questioned why it had some "wrong" equipment on it if it was a one-owner car. It had a 400 instead of the 455, and the wheels were incorrect as well as a few other things. Well they did a VIN search and were able to locate the original invoice through a service and guess what? It wasn't a GSX, it wasn't even a GS!! It was a friggin' Skylark!! The dealership basically took a Skylark and slapped a spoiler, stripes and hood on it and sold it to her for the price of a GSX. The poor lady sat on that car for almost 35 years without knowing she had been ripped off!! Of course it had almost no value, she had restored it for nothing and after she found out it's history she didn't even want it anymore. How much does that suck?
Old 06-16-2006, 06:41 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

This is a real straight 8

[IMG]local://upfiles/22208/195ED89AC3CD445BB62659AB0CE6BEA2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-16-2006, 06:47 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

LOL. Probably a six, but I spoke to a GT owner once that was getting V6 bumpers and looking to go single exhaust so he could build a sleeper. Cool idea I think.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:58 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

LOL. Probably a six, but I spoke to a GT owner once that was getting V6 bumpers and looking to go single exhaust so he could build a sleeper. Cool idea I think.
I saw a new edgo Cobra once with v6 bumpers and single exhaust, well actually it was still dual exhaust but the drivers side one exited under the car, damn nice sleeper.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

^ Thats actually a good idea.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:47 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Laugh at loud volumes!! I dont have a single GT emblem on my stang and wouldn't dare think to try and pull it off. Once my intake get's installed, I'm considering a 4.0 High Performance emblem or the full size pony painted tungsten grey with the satin silver flames. I haven't decided yet because the smooth sides without emblems is cool too.

Quick Reply: saw a nice looking red mustang this morning on the way to work