Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How do I get as fast as a GT??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Whitev6er
I ♥ Acer

Default How do I get as fast as a GT??????

I would rely like to have just get as fast as a GT? I have been reading this forums and other forums arond the internet. Deceided to join this one because it seems best lol here is my question what mods would i have to do to get as fast as a mustang gt? but I do not want a procharger or a supercharger just regular stuff so if I get the folowing would i be as fast as a gt? cai, double exhaust, tooner chip. what would be my rwhp? also, how do i make rwhp into hp? meaining based on my rwhp what would my hp be? basically i want to be as fast as a gt so i can race them. not at the track but just regular racing of cars nothing else. have a white v6 thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:27 PM
blackNchrome05
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How do I get as fast as a GT??????

intake, exhaust, tune, gears, tlok, headers, throttle body, steeda stickers, roush badges, NOS NOS NOS.... I don't know if you can just add a little here and a little there to beat a GT... I think you'd just have to turn your car from n/a into f/i... but if i'm wrong tell me so i dont spend my hard earned $4,500 on the vortech H.O.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:32 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

To be fast as a GT without wanting to install a blower or turbo.......buy a GT.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:34 PM
tsaints1115
1st Gear Member

Piece for piece it`ll be cheaper to just by a GT. Or drive them both off a cliff,gravity will take care of the rest.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:39 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tsaints1115

Piece for piece it`ll be cheaper to just by a GT. Or drive them both off a cliff,gravity will take care of the rest.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 06-16-2006, 11:41 PM
w.nickelson
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tsaints1115

There are several sixers on this board that will tell you different.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Whitev6er
I ♥ Acer

I could not afford a gt so i went with a v6 so i want to get to av8 gt but just with simplestic modifications what would be my rwhp with a cold air induction a tooner chip and a dual exaust??? and what would that be to converted into regular hp? also if i had a quad exhaust would that do anything? i have seen corvetes with quad exausts. has any body tried to put a 4/quad exaust yet? i do not want to do nos or chargers or anything like that. if i can get close to a gt that would be ok though
Old 06-16-2006, 11:52 PM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

Which year GT?
Sn-95 GT's with the 4.6 are really weak, about 245 horse power was rated, it might be a little higher or lower. You'll need CAI+Tuner+Exhaust, and you can keep up with them, we weight lighter
New Edge 99-04 Rated w/ 275 I want to say, To keep up you'll need some go juice + the mods I listed above.
Sn-197 GT's, rated with a little over 300 hp, you'll need FI.

Edit: My numbers may be off a little.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:04 AM
vb101
1st Gear Member

Short of nitrous or forced induction with every bolt-on available if you have an automatic you will get maybe 200-210 rwhp tops and with a manual you'll get maybe 210-220 tops, though I haven't seen anyone yet that has gotten 220 rwhp out of theirs yet. Heck I have a manual with CAI, Tuner, Headers and dual exhaust and just barely got 199 rwhp and on the other side somebody on the forums with a manual and similar mods has gotten 213 rwhp. It depends to a large extent on how much horsepower your car starts out with. It can vary quite a bit as mine shows. I have nearly 10 rwhp less than most manual V6's. I was one of the unlucky ones that was on the low end of the hp range. If you're lucky and yours has as much more hp as mine has less hp then you could get over 210 rwhp maybe even close to 220 rwhp. That still is a lot less than the GT which is pushing about around 255 rwhp give or take a few horses.

Basically the only way you will get GT performance out of our V6's from currently available mods is to either go with nitrous oxide injection or super charger or turbo charger. I couldn't afford the GT either. It's possible to get close to 2004 and earlier model GT performance with just bolt-ons but not the new ones.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:26 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

if you are talking new GT you will need a power adder... not just bolts on... if you want ot be the older GT's (mid-90s?) you can do that with bolt-ons... but what ever you do... TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!

Quick Reply: How do I get as fast as a GT??????