Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang V6 Quality Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:10 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang V6 Quality Problems

sounds like a lemon [:'(]

see if you can get a swap, if your not too attached yet lol
Old 07-06-2007, 11:50 AM
IcedC

ORIGINAL: harrison
Before I had a chance to get many k’s on the car, the coolant reservoir started overflowing. That was repaired.
I searched, but couldn't find much about this problem. Do you know what was wrong with the reservoirand how it was repaired? My girlfriends is doing the same thing, but its not over heating or showing any other problems. The cap feels loose all the time, do you think a new cap would do the trick or a whole new reservoir, or could this be a more serious problem?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 01:41 PM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

Man I was hoping I didn't have to add to this thread but alas, it's my time to spill the bad news.

My automatic transmission is leaking fluid. The bottom of the engine from the frontbumper to the oil pan is clean. No leaks, just normal dirt from the road. But from the bell housing back is covered in red transmission fluid. Blowback has it spread almost down to the rear of the car.

I'm taking it to the dealership this week to get it fixed. The bad thing is, yesterday my transmission slipped at a red light. I was stopped and then gave it gas and all it did was rev, then it slowly engaged and I started going forward a little then it surged and I accelerated at normal speeds. Coincidence that this happens after I find a tranny leak? I think not.

The car is a 07 V6 with only 4600 miles on it! This should not be happening to car that's only 6 months old. Arrrgghh!!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:57 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

If your going to keep driving it until you get it to the shop you better add some tranny fluid or it's going to go from a leak to a failure real quick.
ORIGINAL: mtnpunk91

Man I was hoping I didn't have to add to this thread but alas, it's my time to spill the bad news.

My automatic transmission is leaking fluid. The bottom of the engine from the frontbumper to the oil pan is clean. No leaks, just normal dirt from the road. But from the bell housing back is covered in red transmission fluid. Blowback has it spread almost down to the rear of the car.

I'm taking it to the dealership this week to get it fixed. The bad thing is, yesterday my transmission slipped at a red light. I was stopped and then gave it gas and all it did was rev, then it slowly engaged and I started going forward a little then it surged and I accelerated at normal speeds. Coincidence that this happens after I find a tranny leak? I think not.

The car is a 07 V6 with only 4600 miles on it! This should not be happening to car that's only 6 months old. Arrrgghh!!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:15 PM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

If your going to keep driving it until you get it to the shop you better add some tranny fluid or it's going to go from a leak to a failure real quick.
ORIGINAL: mtnpunk91

Yeah I know. :-)

But how much do I add when I do? Is there danger in adding to much?

The stupid automatics dont have anyway to check the transmission fluid levels!

Of course if it fails and the tranny dies at least it's under warranty.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

I guess i've been lucky, i've had my 2006 Mustang since October "05" and it just rolled to 20k on the odometer, and I haven't had it in the shop even one time yet. The only problem i've experienced is those aggravating plastic rivet screws tha keep popping out of the trunk trim pieces. Hell, I just pop em' back in and i'm good to go.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

well ford is doing it to themselves. toyota is the king of the world and ford is getting nothin but bad publicity. and it sure doesn't help when you got so many lemons. mine been to the dealership twice. love the car, annoyed with the quality. i'm sure there are worst out there but damn! a great looking/performing/classic car like the mustang doesn't deserve this!!!!![:@]
Old 07-06-2007, 09:10 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Leaks, loose driveshaft bolts, ect.
Problems abounding here also.[:@]
Old 07-06-2007, 11:36 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

The dealer claimed that the hose for the overflow was repositioned. Whatever that means.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:39 AM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

My car came with defective upper strut mount assemblies. "The Thunk"
4 months & 3 letters to Ford ( one to Bill Ford ), and the Mustang Engineers sent new assemblies to my dealer. Dealer discovered leaky struts as well. Should getting a brand new car fixed be such a hassle? I think not. This has been my only problem, but it ruined the new car joy.

Quick Reply: Mustang V6 Quality Problems