Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Beware the Prius...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 03:09 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Beware the Prius...

wow....in that case....we should all trade in and get a prius guys!!! WOOO, HURRAY FOR ECO-CARS!!! F*ck that!!! i'm sticking to my stang...i think those cars are so slow (i think anyways), i mean, these guys are all excited about how they raced all those sports cars and won.....i bet they were flooring that little car just to KEEP UP and the guy next to him was like..."wow, disturbing..." and got behind him so they didnt have to look at their faces, thats what i would have done...haha
Old 06-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/m_1506255/...tm.htm#1506255 LOL i posted that in the 5.0 thread
Old 06-17-2006, 03:15 AM
blue_devil

wow, im pretty sure i could out run a prius, but i am definately sure i could beat one if i had some roller-blades.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:16 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blazen351

sorry for double post, but a couple of them are talking about how they went to the track and did the 1/4 in 17.8 secs. WHY would you take a 17.8 second car to the track?? Do you not get pointed and laughed at enough as is?
+1

I think that every time I go to the track, and yet the 17+ sec crowd is always there. It's amazing, people will race anything.

One time though back when I had my RSX-S, there was this old 70's Caddy waiting for a run, the ones that looked like friggin boats, wee all though it looked so heavy it would be lucky to hit 16's...but soon grandpa drove through the water pit, did a huge huge burnout and ripped off a 13.xx time. Everyone was in shock, i have no idea what he did to that car, or even what the stock specs were...and obviously this wasn't stock, but just goes to show you never know.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:18 AM
CMCs05pony
2nd Gear Member

Not that I wouldn't want every stock Mustang to be a little faster and a little more efficient, but as an engineer, I'll say the following...

I assume you bought the 4.0 and I'll assume you bought it instead of the GT because chances are, the GT would have cost you at least 5k more. So with that in mind, if Ford made every possible impovement to their V6 powerplant (ie. 4 valves/cyl) and did so using the great American workforce from engineering to assembly line, even the V6 would be priced out of most of our ranges.

I personally think Ford has done an amazing job at engineering us a gorgeous new 'stang with more power and a much better ride than its recent predecessors... at an affordable price.

Am I wrong?

ORIGINAL: chrisc

THAT HAS 4 VALVES!?!?!?!??!??!

WTF FORD!?!?!?!?!?
Old 06-17-2006, 03:19 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

hows the math work on that, a 17 second hybrid beating 13 second cars!?
Old 06-17-2006, 03:22 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CMCs05pony

Not that I wouldn't want every stock Mustang to be a little faster and a little more efficient, but as an engineer, I'll say the following...

I assume you bought the 4.0 and I'll assume you bought it instead of the GT because chances are, the GT would have cost you at least 5k more. So with that in mind, if Ford made every possible impovement to their V6 powerplant (ie. 4 valves/cyl) and did so using the great American workforce from engineering to assembly line, even the V6 would be priced out of most of our ranges.

I personally think Ford has done an amazing job at engineering us a gorgeous new 'stang with more power and a much better ride than its recent predecessors... at an affordable price.

Am I wrong?

ORIGINAL: chrisc

THAT HAS 4 VALVES!?!?!?!??!??!

WTF FORD!?!?!?!?!?
AMEN my STANG' RIDIN' BRO!
Old 06-17-2006, 03:26 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shadowhax

hows the math work on that, a 17 second hybrid beating 13 second cars!?
It's the same ricer math that tells them that 3 mods that dyno at +10 whp seperatly will equal 30 whp when combined.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:28 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

man, then i want to buy some prius badges and stickers, they gotta be good for gas milege and TOURQUE!
Old 06-17-2006, 03:30 AM
blue_devil

that whole prius forum was just wishful thinking, a prius is like that slow kid that ate paste and kissed his sister on the mouth back in grade school. if i ever lost to a prius espeacially one that list his ipod jack as a mod i would probably drive my stang to a cliff and jump over the edge.

Quick Reply: Beware the Prius...