Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rygen is at the track!

Old 06-18-2006, 06:36 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Rygen is at the track!

Someone loan this man some stickies!

Good times Rygen. You sold me on the PH Turbo... if I ever go with FI.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

105 mph! like you said holy crap. just wondering but why didn't you buy nitto 555R's? you've definately got 12 potential.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:53 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Congrats, that's awesome! Did you scare any GTs at the track?
Not a one. There was a S197 V6 there, dude was cool. His first time, so I was helping him. His car is 100% bone stock, he ripped off a 16.0, 2.6 60ft time @ 88.6MPH. Now get this, he has one leg, so he couldn't power brake on his launches. He did well in my opinion. He wants to start modding and will probably buy my pneros w/GT rims from me. So I'm sure I will see him around, probably hook him up with my old parts. LOL.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:54 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Someone loan this man some stickies!

Good times Rygen. You sold me on the PH Turbo... if I ever go with FI.
LOL, cool man. I am 99% sure I will have DR's on the car at FFW Richmond VA next saturday!
Old 06-18-2006, 06:55 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Harry_F

105 mph! like you said holy crap. just wondering but why didn't you buy nitto 555R's? you've definately got 12 potential.
I always planned on gettng DR's and I thought the 450's would be better for street, this is my DD.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:46 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

man rygen im so proud of you!!! the smile on my face is from ear to ear!!! you gotta tell us about the comments youll be getting at future drag days!!! i was suppost to go to my local 1/4 mile track last week, but it rained so i never made it out.. i was wondering if you and or scrming could hook me up with some tips? ( like staging, and stuff, how to go about doing it)

im curious how my car will do, with my lowering kit, i figure ill have less body roll and ill lose less energy. so i should get a better launch over stock.. but like i said my curiousity is getting the best of me, and i wanna see how i can do!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:53 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

man rygen im so proud of you!!! the smile on my face is from ear to ear!!! you gotta tell us about the comments youll be getting at future drag days!!! i was suppost to go to my local 1/4 mile track last week, but it rained so i never made it out.. i was wondering if you and or scrming could hook me up with some tips? ( like staging, and stuff, how to go about doing it)

im curious how my car will do, with my lowering kit, i figure ill have less body roll and ill lose less energy. so i should get a better launch over stock.. but like i said my curiousity is getting the best of me, and i wanna see how i can do!
actually the lowering springs will work AGAINST YOU... the stock springs let the weight transfer magic happen better than the stiffer lowering springs...

I know there are some stickys floating around somewhere with track tips...
Old 06-18-2006, 07:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

There are two good write ups here:

http://american-speed.com/collective...splay.php?f=10

What kind of tires are you running? What suspension mods have you done (other than the lowering kit)?
Old 06-18-2006, 08:07 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

well other than the springs, nothing else..

my tires are the sotck traction T/A's and i like to call them slicks lol (they are bald bald blad!!! lol) no tread left at all! lol smooth smooth tires lol (i got a set of falken 245/50/16's on the way)

grrr i was hopeing a stiffer *** end would help me on the launch (cuz of the physics i learned a loss of energy takes place when the car moves into its initial squat position on a launch. if it cant squat, weight will gets transfered to the *** end via the theary of objects in motion tend to want to stay in motion (so if the car is stoped, all the weight is being pulled to the rear because it wants to stay where it was sitting) ) if you understand what im trying to say, guess my theory was wrong ..lol
Old 06-18-2006, 08:21 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

i just read the first write up, thanks man

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rygen is at the track!