Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rygen is at the track!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 02:42 PM
FearMyMatrix
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Rygen is at the track!

man the closest 1/4 mile track to me is a little over 2 hours away, I need to get to the 1/8 mile atleast one of these days
Old 06-20-2006, 03:00 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Hey thanks for this link man, I found the track easily. Wichita Interantional Raceway. I knew I had heard of it, jsut wasn't sure where it was. Turns out it's only like 10 miles North of me. Going to be checking it out very soon. Not sure If I want to go out and check it out before or after I do my gear swap though. Might wait for the gears and Tlock to improve things a little. Anyways thanks again for the link. And one more times great times. Can't wait to see your progress!
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: blazen351

mmmm adrenaline, better than any drug money can buy. One of these days I'm goin to the track. I just have to figure out where it is LOL. I've only lived here 15 years, now wonder I don't know where it's at. lol

ORIGINAL: blazen351

Great times Ry, can't wait to see it when you can hookup. Was it intense?
Thanks man. It’s always intense at the track. I always feel like I did a hard days work after leaving the track, because of the constant adrenalin rush, it really takes it toll. But it’s a rush for sure, I strongly recommend it.
This should help you:

http://www.staginglight.com/links/trackfinder.html

Cheers!
Old 06-23-2006, 02:28 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Hey Rygen like to mention a few things from recent posts I just read from my last post so I am not misunderstood.

First of all Rygen IMO could run just about anywhere in 12’s he wants right now by just changing 1 spring.

What it looks like is he wants and is trying to do is run 12’s w/auto on only 8.5psi !! That IMO would be a impressive accomplishment but it also goes much farther than that. This goal from trying to get into the 12’s on only 8.5psi this data will set him up should he decide to up the spring to 9.5psi on a stock bottom end and he would have a great base line best ET to work off of. Also this data/testing from the 8.5psi and if he decides on 9.5psi will also help him this winter when rebuilding his motor to go faster and get it better dialed per building it and on what ET could be possible along with gearing.

Speaking of gearing one of the other things that is going to be good info when he/if decides to change gears to a 3.50 or even a 3.31 that will be really interesting info vs. the 373. Remember unlike a centi S/C a taller gear works better for a turbo. This weekend alone will be great to see what DR’s do to his times. This is also the first turbo on a 4.0 auto interesting to compare to a stick also more good info when he goes to a stall I mean I could go on and on. The excellent efficient ness is showing on this turbo (psi vs HP&TQ + ET) vs. other systems out for the 4.0 or as Rygn likes to say pound for pound

Those people considering S/C’s, Nitrous will have some great info to work with from Rygen’s work to help decide what they want out of a system.

The above is just a few things I mentioned just scratching the surface, Rygen is supplying a lot more info than I just mentioned above IMO for guys who want and who know what to look for. So getting the best ET at the lowest psi is great.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:45 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

How shallow are you staging rygen? I think you can still be faster.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:43 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I've been staging pretty shallow, we will see, I need more practice with this setup.

@TJ,

Thanks man, we will have to wait and find out. Cause at 4AM EST, my son and I start the trek down to Richmond for FFW. I will have DR's and hope to break this 13 ET barrier. If not, I will still have a blast, though my other spring is in the car.....just in case. LOL. I really want 12's on 8.5lbs of boost though. Another thing I forgot about that I plan to do is take out my front sway bar. Its still on the car!!!! So when I get to the track, I will take that puppy off!

So, more to come soon!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:31 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

rygen
though my other spring is in the car.....just in case. LOL.
LMAO!
Way to go man! Rygen rumor has it pressure is headed your way, if 12’s is a no go then spring in and put the pedal to the metal this weekend I wouldn’t mess around anymore! I hope you know what I am talking about per rumor.

Pedal down and good luck!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:35 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

rygen
LMAO!
Way to go man! Rygen rumor has it pressure is headed your way, if 12’s is a no go then spring in and put the pedal to the metal this weekend I wouldn’t mess around anymore! I hope you know what I am talking about per rumor.

ROFL!!! I know whats going down this weekend, and hey, as long as a 4.0 is representing, I'm all for it. Norwalk will be the real deal!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:00 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

rygen
LMAO!

ROFL!!! I know whats going down this weekend, and hey, as long as a 4.0 is representing, I'm all for it. Norwalk will be the real deal!

Rygen we are not on the exact same page on this one, the rumor I am talking about is not this weekend, care to explain what you are talking about?