Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Don't know if you would call this a KILL or not

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 08:27 PM
ponydriver

Default Don't know if you would call this a KILL or not

I am in my '06 V6 'stang at a stoplight and next to me on my left is this Dodge Ram 2500. The light turns green and we both start to go. The guy in the Ram attempts to speed up to cut in front of me. This is one of my biggest pet peeves of drivers out there. There was nobody behind me and all this guy had to do to and to be safe about it instead of trying to cut me off to get into my lane is to slow down and get behind me.
I am having no part of this guy getting in front of me so I keep accelerating faster and faster and somehow my 210hp V6 Mustang prevented his 340 hp V8 5.7 HEMI Dodge truck from taking my lane. He eventually had to slow down and get behind me like he should of done in the first place.
What this joker wanted to do is to get into the right lane to turn into a shopping center, but I guess he thought he would try to kill a V6 Mustang in the process, but had his plan altered and his *** laminated by my humble little Ford. [sm=yeahsmile.gif]
Old 06-18-2006, 09:03 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Don't know if you would call this a KILL or not

nice, i think the regular cab 5.7 hemi rumble bee gets 0-60 in like 7- seconds, its not gear'd for racing, but nice job

Paul
Old 06-18-2006, 09:19 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I do that to people all the time on the freeway. Only.. they start off behind me and tailgate me. They're not going anywhere, tailgating me wont speed me up as I'll just run into the guy in front of me. So the ******* usually gets pissed off because I'm not bending over for him.. pulls out to my right, floors it, but to his surprise.. he got in a slower lane. Now he's thinkin... I gotta cut this guy off and slam my brakes or else I'll end up behind him again... all this hard work and I'm showing nothing for it?!

I don't let em, I'll pinch the gas just enough so he can't change lanes without hitting someone. Happens at least once a day.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:24 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ur the kinda person that pisses me off lol, i hate being behind a jack *** that wont go into the slow lane and wont give enuff room for sumone to pass.

Paul
ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

I do that to people all the time on the freeway. Only.. they start off behind me and tailgate me. They're not going anywhere, tailgating me wont speed me up as I'll just run into the guy in front of me. So the ******* usually gets pissed off because I'm not bending over for him.. pulls out to my right, floors it, but to his surprise.. he got in a slower lane. Now he's thinkin... I gotta cut this guy off and slam my brakes or else I'll end up behind him again... all this hard work and I'm showing nothing for it?!

I don't let em, I'll pinch the gas just enough so he can't change lanes without hitting someone. Happens at least once a day.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:48 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

ur the kinda person that pisses me off lol, i hate being behind a jack *** that wont go into the slow lane and wont give enuff room for sumone to pass.

Paul

Yeah, but I'm sure you have (as well as everyone) been in both positions. I used to be pissed when I try to pass someone and he speeds up... especially when I'm in a hurry. Only now I don't put myself in that position. If I change lanes, I'll stay there. Too many close calls to be weaving through traffic.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Tungsten
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

Paul

People on the expressway in Florida are nuts. You wouldn't think so with all the old people here, but it's true! I've been going 10-15mph over the limit in the far left lane (with the flow of traffic of course) and people still will come up and tailgate my rear and get frustrated. I've even had some rich punk driving a new mercedes flash their beams at me because I did not move. I was already going 70 in a 55....I mean come on!

Old 06-18-2006, 09:56 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

lol ur right florida drivers are bad, and some are mad to boot!

i think its because most people that move here are old and here to die and can take chances! there on borrowed time!

Paul
Old 06-18-2006, 10:25 PM
kemo24
1st Gear Member

its a kill good job
Old 06-18-2006, 10:29 PM
SPOOK R/T
2nd Gear Member

Hemi Rams are slow. And i am a diehard Mopar guy. Most i have seen at the track run low 16 sec 1/4's are 1500's 1/2 tons. A 2500 is a very heavy 3/4 ton truck. My soon to be traded 02 Dodge Intrepid ES 234 hp. Has not lost a race to a Hemi Ram yet. She runs 15.1 in the 1/4 mile.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 AM
BlueDevil
1st Gear Member

>>was already going 70 in a 55....I mean come on! <<

You should try Southern California highways on off peak hours. I was in the left lane (with the flow of taffic) with my cruise control set at 90 MPH on a Saturday morning on my way to Vegas. I still got tailgated! Then coming out of Palm Springs back to LA on Saturday afternoon at 4 pm I got caught up with a Lexus 400, Chrysler 300 and some huge Chevy SUV that proceeded to run between 90 and 110 all the way for the first twenty-five West of Palm Springs on the ten. That was fun. But now that I had that type of experience, it's out of my system--thankfully.

Quick Reply: Don't know if you would call this a KILL or not