Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DId you ever watch a game on TV, and...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:25 AM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Default DId you ever watch a game on TV, and...

Forever goes by.... a team can't score... and then all of a sudden, they jusr pout it on? I think that's what's going on with me. Never before have I been so indecisive about what to do. One second I want one thing, the next it's another. And sure don't want to geth the WRONG thing.. hehehehe.. I have buyers remorse before I even make a purchase. I figure after I make my first change, they will come easier.

What was your first mod, and were you happy with it... did it make it easier to see the path you wanted to take?
-pete
Old 06-19-2006, 02:35 AM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: DId you ever watch a game on TV, and...

Hate to reply to myself, but wanted to clarify. I had pretty much decided to do the whole GT muffler take-off route. Then I started using the search feature on the forum here (really nice by the way) and had seen that most folks who went that route pretty much liked it at first, then went Flowmasters, JBA, or MRT pretty soon afterward. So, why would I want to spend the time and money to go through a step that seems temporary at best. Then I got to listening to the sound clips. Now I want one even more. HEHEHEHE.

--

Searched about the Drop in K&N filter I have been thinking about... same thing vs cold air intake... Does the K&N drop in give you the whoosh sound that a CAI does, or does it pretty much sound the same? I am pretty sure it would sound the same, but never having had one, I don't know. If it gave you the whoosh sound under the hood, it's probably not a bad idea, that alone makes you *Feel* like it's doing something.

Too many choices. I figured I could learn a little from your experiences. <shrug>

Thanks for bearing with me. I appreciate all the information you guys have, I have really enjoyed it here thus far.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:37 AM
Whitev6er
I ♥ Acer

like the miami heat vs dallas maverick game rofl! lasts forever!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:19 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

As for the GT take off stuff your right and smart for doing the research on that. I wouldn't mess with it. Get Flowmaster Super 40's ( american thunders) or MRT or JBA. Those are the best sounding mufflers right now in my opinion though. I don't really care for magnaflow with these engines. I would go duals if I were u. Eather a x pipe or an H pipe. H pipe will give a raspyer some what deeper sound. X is good for FI's app's or if your an **** bead like me who just wants the air to flow right!! LOL

A cold air intake will benifit more in the higher rpms that the stock box from what I remember with screamin's studys. The stock airbox is as good as an intake untill a certain RPM like 4000 or something. you don't get the woosh sound from the box only Cold air. You will feel the diff in the intake too. Go with a K&N like you had in mind so you don't need to tune it, plus its the cheapest. The car will breath much better
Old 06-19-2006, 03:29 AM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

THanks Rick,
I appreciate your feedback - is there much of a difference in quality between the brands? It's really hard to tell what you are getting from pictures. I liked the sound of those three as well. I am pretty sure that for now it will be axleback - probably at least a year, then I will think about duals.. I think a Mustang should sound like a Mustang, not a taurus. My reason for questioning quality is, I have found a JBA axleback for a lot cheaper, and was wondering if I would regret buying one for that reason - you get what you pay for. The MRT sounds GOOD, maybe a little loud, but again, hard to tell without actually seeing it.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:38 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

I have the MRT Axleback and I could not be happier.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

I've got the GT takeoff mufflers and have not considered changing them. They are functional, look & sound great. Now I just want to get my C&L/XCAL2 installed. Only logic I see in modding is don't mod, then add another mod that causes you to change the first one. 2 examples: painting stripes then changing the hod or adding a scoop & the other would be getting a tuner spec to your car then change the gears afterwords.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:23 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

As for quality Flowmaster has been around since I was a sperm in my dad's pant's, JBA offers a stainless set up if your paraniod about rust or u live were they put salt on the roads. MRT is a new muffler I believe, but im sure the quality is there. All of them are good in quality you'll just haft to figure out what sound you like best. JBA has no drone.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:44 PM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

As for quality Flowmaster has been around since I was a sperm in my dad's pant's, JBA offers a stainless set up if your paraniod about rust or u live were they put salt on the roads. MRT is a new muffler I believe, but im sure the quality is there. All of them are good in quality you'll just haft to figure out what sound you like best. JBA has no drone.

My friend went with Dual JBA's and he is complaining of drone. I think its really application specific. You can always eliminate drone if you get it.