Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Opps GT to V6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Jarhead72

Default Opps GT to V6?

I have been lurking here for quite awhile. Just got rid of my 06GT for a 06V6. What did you say? His lost his marbles....well maybe. Just needed the extra cash per month for down the road. Anyways just so happens I'm having a really hard time adjusting to my new ride. So I need some help with some opinions. I have about 2grand over the next couple of months to put into it before the wife cuts me off. So I have been doing some checking around for CAI and tuners, etc. This is the order I was thinking about going:

1) RPMoutlet has one kit..the tuner,cai,throttle body kit and the hurst shifter..and then stripes..I was thinking these first
2) GT take off wheels
3) MRT exhaust
4) Roush window louvers

I would like some input from people that have already done mods, and knowing now what they wish they did then the order they would go
in.

Semper Fi
Old 06-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: V6 to GT?

Lol, what's with all the Marines on MF? Everything you want to put on sounds good, except for the throttle body. Ask anybody that has it, saw it, or whatever, it doesn't do a thing. But welcome to the sixers!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Jarhead72

Default RE: Opps GT to V6?

and before anyone asks.........yes I still feel sort of sick and somtimes late at night if you look really close you can see the tears trickling down my cheeks.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

which CAI? The C&L and Demolet have seen the best gains from bamachips and someother place thats slippin my mind right now. Hurst shifter should help you greatly, I know i've missed 2nd and 3rd gear on many occasions and it should help you. and I have stock Shifter.

When you are looking for wheels you have to ask yourself what you can spend. If you are on a budget GT-Takeoffs are the way to go. if not then i would get some 18" bullit deep dish to really set it off.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Jarhead72

ORIGINAL: Jeremy

Lol, what's with all the Marines on MF? Everything you want to put on sounds good, except for the throttle body. Ask anybody that has it, saw it, or whatever, it doesn't do a thing. But welcome to the sixers!
What can I say......we have good taste?lol.....the throttle body part comes with the kit.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Jarhead72

The two types of CAI you get to choose from are C&L or the S&B(this is the one the claim gets more HP)
Old 06-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

^True, great minds think alike. Post some pics when you get the chance.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Jeremy Date 6/19/2006 11:03:33 PM
Lol, what's with all the Marines on MF?
lol,

Its nice to have these young fine men on this forum that do so much for our country. I myself am a military brat so i respect all men and women of our armed forces. I myself am planning going into the AirForce. But i know a couple of kids that are going to basic to become marines. And i must say you guys are a crazy but very heroic breed!!! Sempre Fi!!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:11 AM
Jarhead72

Is that 29 stumps in your avatar?
Old 06-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

No that was in Hussabha(I can't remember how to spell it, western Iraq). Yeah, I was stationed there though. Horrible place.

Quick Reply: Opps GT to V6?