Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT take offs etc?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 03:46 AM
Whitev6er
I ♥ Acer

Default GT take offs etc?

For those of you reading this for the first time. I have noticed that older v6ers with the earlier car before non gt take offs came out did not have any choice. SO I ask there is no need for gt take offs at this point. MANY other sites in this sit that has ads on buying do have non parts. FOr example. You can now simply purchase the GRILLE instead of the entire FRONT bumper. Which IO is very cool as well. It is NO way to dis ANY gt takeoffs or owners at all. PLEASE do not think that. THe thing is thou that they are making more parts for v6ers. Such as the GT grill FIT for a v6 bumper.

Gt wheels I would so it is up to you. MY choice though is not to MAKE my mustang look like a GT but keep it a v6. NEW GT wheels do not count. The 06 model GT I believe is the non bullits which are very cool IO.

Mufflers. Gt mufflers sound very good and are cheep as well. I have researched this on ads and they seem to go anywhere from 50-100. CHEAP. If you want gt take offs mufflers cool. HOWEVER. you can still get a cool SINGLE and non GT take off for the same price. Duels is another story lol

REAR bumper take offs. CUT the rear bumper. Its non GT.

My point is GT take offs make us look like GTs. But that is not what we want. Unless that IS what you want. Then I say go for it. Again this is no shape of ANY gt take off owners.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT take offs etc?

Uhmm hey capn' hypocracy wasnt your first post asking "how can i be as fast as a GT" your car isnt a GT so it shouldnt be as fast........... in al seriousness putting GT bumpers on a 6er is fine, its jsut a body styling...however slapping GT emblems on is another story
Old 06-20-2006, 04:58 AM
orion6g
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shadowhax

Uhmm hey capn' hypocracy wasnt your first post asking "how can i be as fast as a GT" your car isnt a GT so it shouldnt be as fast........... in al seriousness putting GT bumpers on a 6er is fine, its jsut a body styling...however slapping GT emblems on is another story
Here, Here!!!!!!

I absolutely hate it when people put fake badges on cars. If you're gonna be a poser then you might as well start syaing "yo" for every second word (unless, of course, you're actually a rapper).
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Im2niceaguy1970

I have GT bumper & side skirts just because they look better in my opinion.... But i will say im proud to be a v-6 owner. I have even put chrome V-6 emblems on the sides to acknowledge the fact i drive a V-6.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Whitev6er

For those of you reading this for the first time. I have noticed that older v6ers with the earlier car before non gt take offs came out did not have any choice. SO I ask there is no need for gt take offs at this point. MANY other sites in this sit that has ads on buying do have non parts. FOr example. You can now simply purchase the GRILLE instead of the entire FRONT bumper. Which IO is very cool as well. It is NO way to dis ANY gt takeoffs or owners at all. PLEASE do not think that. THe thing is thou that they are making more parts for v6ers. Such as the GT grill FIT for a v6 bumper.

Gt wheels I would so it is up to you. MY choice though is not to MAKE my mustang look like a GT but keep it a v6. NEW GT wheels do not count. The 06 model GT I believe is the non bullits which are very cool IO.

Mufflers. Gt mufflers sound very good and are cheep as well. I have researched this on ads and they seem to go anywhere from 50-100. CHEAP. If you want gt take offs mufflers cool. HOWEVER. you can still get a cool SINGLE and non GT take off for the same price. Duels is another story lol

REAR bumper take offs. CUT the rear bumper. Its non GT.

My point is GT take offs make us look like GTs. But that is not what we want. Unless that IS what you want. Then I say go for it. Again this is no shape of ANY gt take off owners.
With those GT take offs you can not only look like a GT but you can smoke a Prius!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Whitev6er

For those of you reading this for the first time.
I would have remembered reading this before...so I'm pretty sure this Is the first time you posted it....I think.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:36 AM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Whitev6er I appreciate your opinion,

IMO GT bumpers both rear an front give the car a more square and agressive stance...... It is a personal choice.... I for example will install the take off kit and I am doing it because I like the looks, not to "pretend" to drive a GT.... As a matter of fact first thing I did even before I intall the kit ..was to place two very very very visible 4.0 badges.

A lot of people are doing the grill only install and that is fine looks great, (I just prefer the more square look) also, with my JBA exhaust sticking out like two torpedos, the GT rear bumper with the exhaust port trim will help soften the look.... (IMO)

Style is personal.....

Old 06-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

We need to have this guy sent back to school before he's allowed to post anything else. To me it should be a bannable offense to type something up like that.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

LOL, go buy a gt?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

Any good tutorials out there on how to cut up your rear bumper to fit duals?

Ken

Quick Reply: GT take offs etc?