Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WAHOO...I finally got it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 01:55 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WAHOO...I finally got it!!!

Oh yeah, absolutely...I did notice that there is a place to tweak the tunes manually...has anyone tinkered with that yet?
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

That is awesome man, congrats. It really is a night and day difference.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricanpassion

Oh yeah, absolutely...I did notice that there is a place to tweak the tunes manually...has anyone tinkered with that yet?
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

That is awesome man, congrats. It really is a night and day difference.
Yea, at the track, I jacked up my shift pressure to 25% and shaved another 1/10ths off my time.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:06 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

I did notice that the exhaust sounder different...more uniform, & continous deeper sound as to sometimes ricey...I wish I had a hood that would suck in more air though!
ORIGINAL: pat6674u

I quickly filled up with 93 Octane last night & tuned it to the 93 tune as well...and it is very nice...very responsive, throttle response is great, mine is an auto so I can notice the difference in the shift points too....Do you guys have 91 in Cali?
Yeah, I have the 91 tune. Just wondering if there is a huge difference. I have some octane envy. Also, do you think it changed the sound of your exhaust any? I noticed a deeper tone with more air going through the system.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:39 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Just take the hood off, they're overated anyway.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:44 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Congrats Guys!!!!

I have a different set up but .... what a difference!!!!

Mod On!!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:17 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Yeah ricanpassion I got mine. I went ahead and downloaded the latest firmware and the live link stuff so I will be ready on Friday night to do my install. I'm so stoked. Everything came this week. The C&L w/ XCAL2 (87,89, 93XTREME), the Roush louvers and the Roush hood scoop. I can barely contain myself. Once I get all this stuff on I'll post some pics. But with the paint and body shop , it may be a week or two on the Roush parts before they are painted and installed.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:26 PM
micx7
1st Gear Member

How many miles have all of you had on your car before you added a CAI and tune. Im only around 300 right now and I know I should probably wait for atleast 2000 but I'm all ready to make the order.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:31 PM
VistaBlue2006v6

I would like to concur. I put my C&L on this morning. I had to wait to get the correct tunes from predator. The techs there are good and helpful.
I used the 93 tune and I immediately noticed a power gain as well. The duals really sound good too!

Old 06-21-2006, 03:37 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

...Yes I did...got here yesterday & I put it in last night after work, after the NBA Finals...!!!
WHAT IS IT?? U ask ??
Well, My C&L CAI + XCAL2 tuner from Evolution...and I have to say, it works GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAT!

Got 3 tunes (89, 91, 93) and noticed a huge difference in my steed as she responds...a must have for those that are wondering!
Oh YEah...amystery2u did u get yours?
Great... I have the Evolution tune as well... have you noticed how well it pulls in 2nd and 3rd form 3000 to 5000 RPM? It still have plenty of power and torque in this range, and the throttle response is much better. Also, have you really stomped it yet? If you do, it hangs in there till 5800 RPM or so, where it shifts...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:45 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Manual, and we do have 91 in cali.

Auto....u?
ORIGINAL: beaustang

Do you have an auto or manual?

...Yes I did...got here yesterday & I put it in last night after work, after the NBA Finals...!!!
WHAT IS IT?? U ask ??
Well, My C&L CAI + XCAL2 tuner from Evolution...and I have to say, it works GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAT!

Got 3 tunes (89, 91, 93) and noticed a huge difference in my steed as she responds...a must have for those that are wondering!
Oh YEah...amystery2u did u get yours?

Quick Reply: WAHOO...I finally got it!!!