Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WAHOO...I finally got it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 01:37 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Default WAHOO...I finally got it!!!

...Yes I did...got here yesterday & I put it in last night after work, after the NBA Finals...!!!
WHAT IS IT?? U ask ??
Well, My C&L CAI + XCAL2 tuner from Evolution...and I have to say, it works GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAT!

Got 3 tunes (89, 91, 93) and noticed a huge difference in my steed as she responds...a must have for those that are wondering!
Oh YEah...amystery2u did u get yours?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:39 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WAHOO...I finally got it!!!

Congrats passion, you're gonna love it more everyday. Let me know how the 93 tune is, we don't have those "racer" octanes here in Cali.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:42 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ricanpassion

...Yes I did...got here yesterday & I put it in last night after work, after the NBA Finals...!!!
WHAT IS IT?? U ask ??
Well, My C&L CAI + XCAL2 tuner from Evolution...and I have to say, it works GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAT!

Got 3 tunes (89, 91, 93) and noticed a huge difference in my steed as she responds...a must have for those that are wondering!
I am installing my C&L CAI and XCAL2 tonight. How did it go for you? Anything GOTCHA'S you want to share?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:43 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

I quickly filled up with 93 Octane last night & tuned it to the 93 tune as well...and it is very nice...very responsive, throttle response is great, mine is an auto so I can notice the difference in the shift points too....Do you guys have 91 in Cali?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:45 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Do you have an auto or manual?

WHAT IS IT?? U ask ??

Old 06-21-2006, 01:47 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Auto....u?
ORIGINAL: beaustang

Do you have an auto or manual?

WHAT IS IT?? U ask ??

Old 06-21-2006, 01:49 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: toosober

WHAT IS IT?? U ask ??

I am installing my C&L CAI and XCAL2 tonight. How did it go for you? Anything GOTCHA'S you want to share?
No, the C&L was actually easy to install. The only problem I had was that they didn't provide a visual diagram, just written instructions. I'm a teacher and all that reading stuff is hard. Whatever you do, don't try to start the engine after you install the CAI, the car sounds like its gonna die until you load the new tune.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:50 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

That is awesome man, congrats. It really is a night and day difference.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:52 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

I quickly filled up with 93 Octane last night & tuned it to the 93 tune as well...and it is very nice...very responsive, throttle response is great, mine is an auto so I can notice the difference in the shift points too....Do you guys have 91 in Cali?
Yeah, I have the 91 tune. Just wondering if there is a huge difference. I have some octane envy. Also, do you think it changed the sound of your exhaust any? I noticed a deeper tone with more air going through the system.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:54 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

I started the engine w/o the tune...just to make sure that the tune would actually do something...and pat is right, she sounded like she was choking...tuned her up & she was great!
No diagrams, you may have to look in your owners manual if need be, but the written instructions were farily easy.
ORIGINAL: pat6674u

ORIGINAL: toosober

WHAT IS IT?? U ask ??

No, the C&L was actually easy to install. The only problem I had was that they didn't provide a visual diagram, just written instructions. I'm a teacher and all that reading stuff is hard. Whatever you do, don't try to start the engine after you install the CAI, the car sounds like its gonna die until you load the new tune.

Quick Reply: WAHOO...I finally got it!!!