Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Req:05/06 White Mustang V6 with Black Bullitt Rims &...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:29 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Req:05/06 White Mustang V6 with Black Bullitt Rims &...

Well you could go to a dyno shop and have your car customed tune. ( i think that's what your asking anyways) I don't know much about that, other than it can get pricey. Your better off IMO to order in a programer which is what the Xcal 2 is. It comes Loaded with three different performance tunes on it. If you do it with a combo for a CAI those tunes will be made to work with it. Plus having the programer allows you too easily change tunes down the road as you add more and better mods to your car. I don't know anything about Florida shops but there are alot of guys from Florida on here they may be able to point you to somebody local.

Yes the Xcal will change your shift points (make them firmer) and it will almost get rid of that throttle lag

My MRT exhaust sounds great, Depends on what you want as to what you should go with though. Do you want to stay single exhaust or go duals?
ORIGINAL: opticalveracity

thanks so much for the info! i dont have to order the tune right, theres dealers that have tuners for our cars at shops right? anyone u know off the top of your head in the palm beach county florida area? im in jupiter florida, everything is mostly in boca, west palm, etc.....will it chain my shift points on my automatc? whats the sct xcal 2? is that a tune? is thier a FACT number the cai gives u in hp increase? is thier a diff throttle response? our cars have like the a lag when u mash it! its almost like turbo lag on a na car, heheh....i wonder if the CAI will help the lag? hows the exhaust sound, u didnt mentione...
ORIGINAL: blazen351

You've basically got the concept down for tuners. You order a tuner from whoever you choose. Ie..bamachips, alternative auto, evolution, somebody else. Order the SCT Xcal 2. It will come with three tunes preloaded on it. You plug it into your cars data port and upload the new tune which adjust several items such as tranny shift points, timing, air fuel mixture resulting increased HP and Torque. Most people will recomend you do a CAI at the same time. Most places have combos on them.

As to sound difference with my CAI Maybe a little, but I put my exhaust on after my CAI so it's hard for me to say for sure.
There is a lot more info out there on Tuners and CAI. I just did a simple overview here for you. Do some research and see what you like and what you thinbk will fit best with you needs and future plans... Good luck and let us know

btw, can u explain "tunes"...i think thats mustang termanology from what interpet "chips" ....i had a volkswagen jetta 1.8t before i got the mustang ...and if my interpetation is right on a "tune" , when i got "chipped" for my jetta, they plugged in a laptop in my car, for 500 bucks, 50 more hp, and like 70 more tork...is that how it works on mustangs for "tunes" ...cause i want more HP and tork in my car with a "tune"...if thats how it works...also, is thier a difference in sound with ur CAI? thanks

Welcome to the Forums...nice to see a person with a plan...good luck!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:21 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

DID I HEAR GET RID OF THE THROTTLE LAG???? YAH DUDE, whats up with that??? its a natural aspirated mustang....last car i would of thought thier would of been throttle lag...whats up with that? what do u think about supercharging our cars? anyone on here with a supercharged v6? i didnt mean dyno tune, i just meant a program for additional hp like they have for audi , vw , bmw, all german cars u can chip with a laptop, chip meaning get like 50 hp and more tork with a software prgram from a laptop! how much for the tune u have ? who can i get it from? i want a pro to do it so i dont mess up my car... u know, i know nothign about mechanics, etc

Well you could go to a dyno shop and have your car customed tune. ( i think that's what your asking anyways) I don't know much about that, other than it can get pricey. Your better off IMO to order in a programer which is what the Xcal 2 is. It comes Loaded with three different performance tunes on it. If you do it with a combo for a CAI those tunes will be made to work with it. Plus having the programer allows you too easily change tunes down the road as you add more and better mods to your car. I don't know anything about Florida shops but there are alot of guys from Florida on here they may be able to point you to somebody local.

Yes the Xcal will change your shift points (make them firmer) and it will almost get rid of that throttle lag

My MRT exhaust sounds great, Depends on what you want as to what you should go with though. Do you want to stay single exhaust or go duals?

thanks so much for the info! i dont have to order the tune right, theres dealers that have tuners for our cars at shops right? anyone u know off the top of your head in the palm beach county florida area? im in jupiter florida, everything is mostly in boca, west palm, etc.....will it chain my shift points on my automatc? whats the sct xcal 2? is that a tune? is thier a FACT number the cai gives u in hp increase? is thier a diff throttle response? our cars have like the a lag when u mash it! its almost like turbo lag on a na car, heheh....i wonder if the CAI will help the lag? hows the exhaust sound, u didnt mentione...

You've basically got the concept down for tuners. You order a tuner from whoever you choose. Ie..bamachips, alternative auto, evolution, somebody else. Order the SCT Xcal 2. It will come with three tunes preloaded on it. You plug it into your cars data port and upload the new tune which adjust several items such as tranny shift points, timing, air fuel mixture resulting increased HP and Torque. Most people will recomend you do a CAI at the same time. Most places have combos on them.

As to sound difference with my CAI Maybe a little, but I put my exhaust on after my CAI so it's hard for me to say for sure.
There is a lot more info out there on Tuners and CAI. I just did a simple overview here for you. Do some research and see what you like and what you thinbk will fit best with you needs and future plans... Good luck and let us know

btw, can u explain "tunes"...i think thats mustang termanology from what interpet "chips" ....i had a volkswagen jetta 1.8t before i got the mustang ...and if my interpetation is right on a "tune" , when i got "chipped" for my jetta, they plugged in a laptop in my car, for 500 bucks, 50 more hp, and like 70 more tork...is that how it works on mustangs for "tunes" ...cause i want more HP and tork in my car with a "tune"...if thats how it works...also, is thier a difference in sound with ur CAI? thanks

Welcome to the Forums...nice to see a person with a plan...good luck!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!!! I think your whit stang would look dead sexy with the Black- Bullits deep dish, side and rear louvers. But instead of the wing i would suggest the duck syle spoiler with black racing stripes. oh and atleast 20% tint
Old 06-25-2006, 09:11 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

THANXXXXX BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love my car!!!!!!!!!!! i call her my lil pony or lil ponester! i got white for the decoration of the yummy black bullitts..only thing is i dont know **** about tires a'la dimensions....i was some wide meaty tires and big lip on the wheel..thinking 18x10 from blow-byracing.com???? help me out nigs! i am decided on not doing the gt spoiler, just black bullitts, tint, rear and side louvers, done....pure sex...not where does the mola come from? hahahha i want to do wheel and tire package like i did with edgeracing.com for my jetta, but i dont know who does packages with the bullitts? any advice much aprreacited, dont wanna spend more then a grand on tires and rims...i paid like 700 for my 17 inch flik artics and tires package for my jetta, now for that package its like 500 bucks, they come with hankook low profiles, dont know the dimensions, anyway help me out! no racing stripes, gunna stay clean , a year ago i wanted a white stang with blue racing stripes, looks so old skool hertitage and shelbyish! whats the duck spoiler look like? 20 % tint looks like? pics? i was thinking illegel darkest or darkest legal.
ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Welcome to the forums!!!! I think your whit stang would look dead sexy with the Black- Bullits deep dish, side and rear louvers. But instead of the wing i would suggest the duck syle spoiler with black racing stripes. oh and atleast 20% tint