Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Demolet CAI & Xcal2 is here! - any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:11 PM
skm52670
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Demolet CAI & Xcal2 is here! - any tips?

ORIGINAL: toosober
I would flash the car before you put your intake on. I say this based on my experience recieving a bad XCAL2. If the flash fails or you have errors, you don't have to worry about putting the oem airbox back on.
Not a bad idea. That would save the trouble of switching back if something was wrong with the tuner.

ORIGINAL: AWalls
If you run the car after the Demolet install but before the tune gets loaded it'll run like shat (very lean A/F) due to the increased air flow. That's why a tune is required for the CAI. Let us know how you like it...
I've heard this before and prolly won't run the car before the tune.

ORIGINAL: beaustang
Let us (me) know what you think of the difference ASAP! I am within days of buying the tuner and also have a manual and am anxious to find out if it makes a big change to performance. Also, when you do the install do the CAI and take it for a drive before you do the tune and check the difference between stock/CAI and CAI with tune so you can tell us what the tune did above and beyond the CAI. Thanks and I hope it makes a big diff.
Based on AWalls comment and what I've read on hear before. The car will not run right until the tune. I doubt I'll take it for a spin until everything is as it should be...ie tune & intake installed. I don't want to take a chance on messing up my engine. Maybe someone else has the K&N system and a tune that could make the stock/CAI and tune/CAI comparison.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Demolet CAI & Xcal2 is here! - any tips?

The check engine light will turn on and the engine will definately run like crap, you would be taking the risk of fouling plugs, at least thats what would happen if you had the C&L intake. I sent my XCAL2 back to Lidio @ Alternative Auto today. I hope to have my new one back and the car tuned Tuesday.