Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Default Roush Louvers

Anyone with Roush louvers please reply... are you able to install the Roush 1/4 window louvers without the screw and just use the 3M acrylic foam bonding tape?? I would hate to have to drill holes into my car so if anyone knows that would be awesome!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:14 PM
blue_devil

Default RE: Roush Louvers

i just got mine you get theses braces that stickto the car with adhesive tape and thats what you screw the louver too, its kinda nice you can take them off to clean the windows.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:17 PM
WallyJ

No need to drill into your car! Take a look at this link from the Roush site: http://store.roushperformance.com/im...df/louvers.pdf
Old 06-22-2006, 05:40 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

i have the roush louvers and love them. especially since you can remove to clean the glass. the brackets are taped on and you can install them in less than 30 minutes. you just need to make sure that you clean the area where the tape is going well to get all the wax off (my husband installed mine and he used rubbing alcohol.

as a side note, i live in baltimore where it is very hot and humid now. i have checked to see if the tape has started to come off and i they are on there good.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:51 PM
dram57
1st Gear Member

The Rousch louvres I got on ebay come with 3 brackets that
allow for 3m tape and also have threaded holes for the screws
No drilling whatsoever.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Oh awesome!! That's good to hear. I live in Orlando, Florida and it gets REALLY humid hear so as long as that tape works then I'll be getting some louvers not too far from now! I appreciate all the help!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:36 PM
kevinb
1st Gear Member

As everyone stated, no drilling required. Simply attach the mounting bracets with the adhesive tape and screw the louvers into the brackets. I have these installed on my Tungsten Grey pony and love them!
Old 06-23-2006, 12:26 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Kevinb, Yea man I sent you an e-mail about that... I can't see the screw holes in your louvers did you do something to cover them up or something?? I have a Tungsten grey pony as wel and I love the look of the louvers on your car so your pics really helped me see what mine would look like. It's kind of off topic but how do you like your 10 inch stripes because I'm debating on whether I should get them or not because I like them but a couple people said it kind of takes away from the car but that's only if you get the huge shelby stribes (11 inch i think) in my opinion. Thanks for all the repies guys!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 AM
kevinb
1st Gear Member

The screw holes are there you just can't see them in this picture. Someday, I'll get around to painting the tops of the screws so they'll blend in better. In regards to the stripes, I personally can't imagine not having them on my car but that's just me. The stripes were my first mod and probably my favorite mod. I'm including a link to some pictures I have posted at one of the other forums I frequent if you want to get a feel for what the stripes would look like on your car.

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10361
Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

the install is very easy... just cutout the template and place it and tape it where it says 2 put it then put the adhesive on the brackets and set them to where the template says and let it sit for awhile and there you go....

doesnt take long at all and they look great imo. lol

now... the spoiler you have to drill but i think its great too, lol... very worth it.

tom

Quick Reply: Roush Louvers