Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I hate to say it........

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 01:53 AM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I hate to say it........

screw it all, if you want a rumble, just get a 1970 Boss 429....

mmmmm.......some day Matt, some day.....

sorry, was day dreaming...

I have wanted a mustang since my mom got an '89 5.0 vert 5 speed...that I learned to drive on.....my grandmother is the original owner of a '65 289 auto, that she still has at 89 years old, and my job is to fill it up with gas when I go visit her....I love the rumble of the v8 as well, but what I fell in love with is the nostalgic look. I was never a fan of the post fox body pre '05 mustangs because they took the body style and made it look like, well, every other car out on the road. I still consider the 3.8's basically a Camery that says Mustang on it (don't shoot me for saying that please). Don't get me wrong, I would drive the 3.8 over a Toyota or Honda any day, but the Mustang body has always stuck out and screamed American Muscle, until they changed the body style from the fox body. You are driving a modern day classic.....it might be a V6, but Ford brought back the "look at me, I am driving American Muscle and I am 100% testosterone" look with the '05 body style. When I saw they came out with it, I said to myself...I have to have one...at the time I couldn't afford one, but this year, I said **** it, I want one, even if I have to buy a V6. I always said to myself, a mustang should have a V8 and be a 5 speed, but I just love the '05-'07 body style. It is going to tide me over until I get ahold of my grandmothers '65, or I win the lottery and can get by cherry red 1970 Boss 429.

Do what makes you happy...I did by accepting the fact that I couldn't afford the GT and wanted a new Stang so bad I got the V6 and I am totally satisfied with my decision for now. If anything, you will always be able to say "I used to own one of those" when you see one on the road, or in 40 years when they are thought of like the first Stangs are today.

Remember, the '05 Mustang started the "NEW" muscle car movement..........it forced Dodge to bring back the Charger and Pontiac to bring back the GTO and since nobody can compete with Ford, the GTO is going away, and Dodge to bring back the Challenger..which if you are a true muscle car fan, you will love!!!

Like I said before, a modern day classic.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:00 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KnotBand

Do what makes you happy...I did by accepting the fact that I couldn't afford the GT and wanted a new Stang so bad I got the V6 and I am totally satisfied with my decision for now. If anything, you will always be able to say "I used to own one of those" when you see one on the road, or in 40 years when they are thought of like the first Stangs are today.

Remember, the '05 Mustang started the "NEW" muscle car movement..........it forced Dodge to bring back the Charger and Pontiac to bring back the GTO and since nobody can compete with Ford, the GTO is going away, and Dodge to bring back the Challenger..which if you are a true muscle car fan, you will love!!!

Like I said before, a modern day classic.
thats what makes me feel so bad about getting rid of it
Old 06-23-2006, 02:12 AM
THE BRZE

ORIGINAL: RedAlertlb

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

I was kind of the same way when I first saw the 05/06 mustangs I was like "woa I would love to have a 2005 Mustang GT" because I loved that 8 cylinder rumble! Then I saw that I could get an 06 V6 with the pony grill that looks awesome so I went ahead and picked it. Before a started modding it and looking into parts I starting wanting a GT again because I had heard V8's go down the road with the awesome rumble and I started looking into engine swaps and like Paulnoy said, the idea kind of faded from my mind and I said "what the hell I'll mod the hell out of my V6 ) And I have faith that there is something magical in the mechanical world of muscle cars that you can get a darn near close to a V8 sound out of a V6 because I heard a Firebird that I swore on my life was a V8 because of how it sounded and then I came to see that it was a 3.5L V6 when I met the guy that owned it. He has and upgrade air intake, one Flowmaster Muffler w/ two pipes coming from it and high flow cats and it sounds amazing! I'm a big fan of just about any muscle car... mustangs being my favorite but it sounded great!

The '05 stang is great, not to mention the excelent crash test rating it got over the rescent modles! The only other stang I wouldn't mind owning one bit that's not an '05 or '06 is a 2003 Mach 1 because they're cool *** looking cars!... now that I think of it I really like the '04 Cobra's... and the '67 GT's, Shelby's and the 1979 Mach 1......

Anyways, the new stangs are awesome and you seem to have put a couple really pretty pennies into yours so I would deffinitly put some big thought into it!

Keep us posted man you know we always support your decisions!!
A mach is within my options...and just to let everyone know this would just be because i cant really handle things financially right now and i need a way out. So if say i got an 03-04 gt or mach. this doesnt mean that after i pay it off in like a few years that i wont be looking into a couple when they eventually price drop.
I own a 2004 mach 1 and a 2006 Pony (wife's car). Performance wise (stock to stock) there is really no comparison. The Pony compared to the mach is heavy and sluggish and yes....slow. The mach will lay you back in your seat and make you giggle like a school girl. But....the Pony has better than average power (more than you really need) and it looks great. Much better in the style department in my opinion.
I love them both for different reasons.
If I had to pick one (much like King Soloman) I'd have to choose the mach because the performance is more important to me than the look. But if you ask my wife it would be just the opposite. I'm not trying to make this a masculine thing it's just an opinion. I happen to be lucky enough to have both vehicles in my stable.

We actually paid a little less for our Pony than we did the mach so saving money was not an option w/ us. You could probably get a high mileage mach for around $18 to $20,000 and a low mileage one for $20 to $24,000 in today'smarket.

I doubt you would be saving any appreciable amount by switching vehicles, so enjoy your ride. It looks like you have put some extra money into your stang already.

If you are in trouble financially then the mach is not your solution. You'll get killed on the trade because you are "upside down". Not a good position when you are hurting financially.

I'm not even sure the 2004 GT would solve your problems. You'd have to go with a high miles unit and who knows how "hard" those miles have been. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't. Simply put if there is any.... and I say again...... any way you can tough it out w/ the car you have then you will be much better off twelve months from now.

Sorry for the long post but I have been where you are now and I made the wrong choice. It cost me dearly in terms of credit rating because I tried to "downsize". I ended up in worse shape with an extended note that I was not able to pay back so I let the car be repossessed.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:30 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Man, you have a great ride... how much less expensive would the GT be? You will take a bath selling your ride, as the mods won't bring in a lot of extra bucks. In fact, it will scare some buyers away.

Have you REALLY tried to see where you can cut the costs? This is an incremental calculation. If the '05 is costing you $400 a month, and the GT will be $250, you are talking $150 bucks a month, or $42 a week. That's going out to dinner one less time, or packing your lunch three days a week, or bagging a movie as well. You probably can do it if you really look at your finances HARD.

If the '04 GT has even one minor repair, you will eat up a bunch of monthly payment savings... I assume your '05 has warranty left.

I don't mean to be a dick, but you are probably young, so take it from an older guy who made some dumb mistakes. You have a killer car, one that turns heads. The '04 style is everywhere, nobody notices. Just make sure you REALLY can't swing it, because I just don't see how you are going to be saving more than $100 to $150 a month.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:33 AM
youngmustanger
1st Gear Member

My brother had a 2003 mach 1, and like THE BRZE said when you get on it it will make you giggle like a shool girl. That was a really fun car. I loved the way that it looked with the shaker an all. Anyhoo if you have to sell your car for financil reasons then do what you have to do. The way I see it everything happens for a reason, again the choice you make will most likely be the right one.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:08 AM
gabeh1018
2nd Gear Member

As much as i love you guys and playing around with my six i might be leaving the family.... I am considering a 04 gt...mainly because my payments will be cheaper and i hae always wanted one. I just love the v8 rumble i hope i am not upsetting anyone. I just wanted to let everyone know and maybe someone will say something to change my mind.
hey i think thats a great idea.. i was actually considering getting a white 04 GT .... like you i cant resist the throaty roar of a V8.... i just need to find a good price..... and insurance ugh.. however i found a used 01 GT for like $6500 with like 60k on it..not too bad
Old 06-23-2006, 03:12 AM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

dude i was 10 min form dumping my stang for an 00 gt
so theres really no worries if you want to go for it
were all a family even though the cobra guys think there gods
Old 06-23-2006, 03:21 AM
TheWatcher
2nd Gear Member

i don't know, changing from a new model stang to an older one doesn't sound like a great idea, but then again i too would really like a V8. do what makes you happy, just make sure that your not gonna regret your decision.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:28 AM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: gabeh1018

As much as i love you guys and playing around with my six i might be leaving the family.... I am considering a 04 gt...mainly because my payments will be cheaper and i hae always wanted one. I just love the v8 rumble i hope i am not upsetting anyone. I just wanted to let everyone know and maybe someone will say something to change my mind.
hey i think thats a great idea.. i was actually considering getting a white 04 GT .... like you i cant resist the throaty roar of a V8.... i just need to find a good price..... and insurance ugh.. however i found a used 01 GT for like $6500 with like 60k on it..not too bad
The dude has a good point.....it isn't just the car payment that makes up your total monthly bill for you car......you need to look at your montly payment, your insurance payment, and your fuel consumption.

Your insurance will skyrocket most likely and a V8 will use more fuel than a V6 and with gas prices spiking....ugh.....something to seriously consider...you might end up in worse shape than you already are.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:08 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

I didn't read all the posts on this, don't have to to reply.

We traded a sweet 99 convertible for the 05, the same series as you are considering. I loved that 99, BUT after having our 05 for awhile, we would probably throw rocks at the 99 now. The 05/06 series is SO much better then the last generation MUSTANGs. Everything; looks, ride, comfort, etc.

Our 99 was sold to people about two miles from our house and they have kept is immaculate (like I did). I see it now and just love my 05 even more.

Quick Reply: I hate to say it........