Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust Vibration TSB's

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default Exhaust Vibration TSB's

My dad made an appointment to bring the stang in on the weekend so yesterday we went and dropped it off they were supposed to fix the rear right window tint, replace the molding on outside of door and fix the Exhaust for vibrations (which is a TSB), well they had the car for two days and they had a ford official or whatever come to look at the exhaust setup and since the exhaust was tampered with they couldnt do anything about it? Man this sucks![:@] Well I should of known. Just figured Id tell ya if youve tampered with your exhaust theyll probably void your exhaust warranty and wont fix anything with the exhaust even if it a TSB.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:41 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust Vibration TSB's

what does the tsb say......It does kind of make sense not to touch your exhaust its not factory(not to burst your bubble). it could be your hanger coming loose or muffler hitting the hanger (it happened to me). Who did your exhaust? If a muffler shop did it then take it back to them you should have a labor warrenty on it with the muffler shop. When I took mine back they fixed mine for free.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yeah the people that did my exhaust suck! I wont dare to go back they might screw it up more! LOL! I was kinda hopping they would do it, its still a TSB? But since it was tampered with they couldnt do anything not that big of a deal when the $ starts coming in again we will take it to LAMOTTA Performance which is a shop not to far from us that specializes in mustangs. While they fix the exhaust I will also have them put in the resonators.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:15 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Man I got that same TSB fixed at my dealership. Is an exhaust clamp or something.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:15 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Yeah as soon as you replace a part in voids the warrenty, and thus any TSB's, related to that part.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yup its a clamp, but theres also a TSB for the dash vibrations also and I dont think they even fixed that, will check tommorow.
ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Man I got that same TSB fixed at my dealership. Is an exhaust clamp or something.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yeah, but its not that big of a deal now I know if I ever get a tune I will definetely have to flash it back if I plan on bringing it in.
ORIGINAL: jericho73

Yeah as soon as you replace a part in voids the warrenty, and thus any TSB's, related to that part.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:10 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

good luck with every thing I guess I got lucky and found a good muffler shop that did my exhaust
Old 06-23-2006, 04:12 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Thanks! Im going to need it!
ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

good luck with every thing I guess I got lucky and found a good muffler shop that did my exhaust
Old 06-23-2006, 04:15 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Have you tried another dealership you might hit another one up and see what they say it would never hurt to try

Quick Reply: Exhaust Vibration TSB's