Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

After months on the fence. I finally got my C&L

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 04:57 PM
skm52670
1st Gear Member

Default RE: After months on the fence. I finally got my C&L

ORIGINAL: Playboy06

Question:

2. I just bought a $50.00 K&N Air Filter for my car, do I now need to buy a new Air Filter if I buy the deal from a certain website that comes with CAI/Xcal2? Cause that would just suck.
The CAIs usually comes with a cone filter, so yes the $50 filter you just bought will be useless on the CAI.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:12 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

OK, I am waiting on funds to go with a tune and CAI (and then 3.73's w/t-lok), but I have a question for you all -

Is a V6 CAI truly a cold air induction kit? Does it seal off against the hood and draw in air from another location? It looks to me like they only partially block off hot air from the engine compartment. If this is the case, wouldn't it be better to pipe in colder air from under the bumper? Is one kit better in this regard than another? TIA
It's more of an sri <short ram intake> then a cai really. A true cai runs down through the engine and draws air usually from a spot at the a wheel well, the Mustang intakes all sit in the engine compartment. Every place calls the Mustang intakes cai but they really aren't.

The advantage to an sri is no threat of hydrolocking the engine, the disadvantage is you're pulling in hotter air.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:26 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

And hey Pat, what did ya do to your knee?

I myself am on my second surgery for ACL reconstruction on my right knee, they take the ACL out of a cadaver and insert it into me, whoo!
Yeah, ACL surgery. They Frankensteined my Patella tendon. Surprised its not causing me more pain. It just looks horrible all bruised and swollen. I'm never playing basketball again.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:29 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Thanks to all for the responses on my CAI question.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

just ordered mine as well. Upgrading the AEM piece of crap and diablo tune (who nobody I know of tunes) for the C&L and SCT2. How much do predators get on ebay these days?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Patella? Ouch, they offered me that but the cadaver option seemed more logical.

The ACL recovery is freaking tough though. Word from someone with the experience with it, you may feel better, but your not, 2 months after my last surgery I had full rotation, so I started running again, and I popped one of the titanium screws out and the ligament became loose again.

Now i'm in for round two with ACL surgery.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:26 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Carbon Fiber is like beer. Either you like it or you don't. Also it's not seen exclusively on ricers or muscle. The whole carbon fiber thing is an anomoly that will hopefully go away.
ORIGINAL: blazen351

LOL, sorry I had to laugh at the mental image of the bugs. Thanks, Yes I got mine color matched. The regular one is carbon fiber colored which would have matched too, but I thought it was kinda ugly.
ORIGINAL: amystery2u

It was an easy fix considering my lack of car knowledge. I just wonder how many bugs got sucked up into the engine and met there death. Probably none since it was less than five minutes back to the house.

I didn't think about reloading the tune. I'm glad the Scantron worked at least.

Thanks for the pic of the Demolet. I like the black. Did you have it color matched to your Stang?
ORIGINAL: blazen351

Sorry to hear you had problems, at least it sounds as if it was an easy fix. I would imagine that just reflashing your tune again may have cleared your codes, but don't know that for sure. Anyways. I'll post a pic of my CAI too. It's the Demolet/TI one, but still should work for comparison purposes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/34733/1B0651FFDD454BA2ACE35BE5ABCBCFCD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-23-2006, 06:35 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Good, I though it was condensation but I seen the decasant(?) pack then I thought someone jizzed on it (almost hurled it like a football). Glad it's just oil. Good news is I made it home. Tonight I'm going to take all the pictures everyone submitted and make sure I didn't mess anything else up. I think I put about 3 kilotons of torque on the filter this morning. By God if that falls off I'll just replace the filter with some cheese cloth and rubberbands. It would work for MacGuyver

Didn't hear Evo. Fred's at the Ford show so maybe tomorrow or Monday I will catch him.
ORIGINAL: ricanpassion

amystery, that sucks dude!!! Pat is right, the oil is supposed to be there, K&N, airaid and all of the high performance filters have that...make sure that it is extremely tight as to not jar loose!

Call evolution & see what they can do, maybe then can send you a new one!
ORIGINAL: pat6674u

That oily stuff is oil. All of those permanent filter have oil on the paper to help absorbtion. You really have to clamp the filter on as tight as possible. Engine vibration will jar the filter loose. Mine is on super-tight and never come off. I think sober just posted a pic too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/0E107E513E554330BAC27251BD68D9A6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/51C1CA3168954078A7B9643AA3C6CD24.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-23-2006, 07:14 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Patella? Ouch, they offered me that but the cadaver option seemed more logical.

The ACL recovery is freaking tough though. Word from someone with the experience with it, you may feel better, but your not, 2 months after my last surgery I had full rotation, so I started running again, and I popped one of the titanium screws out and the ligament became loose again.

Now i'm in for round two with ACL surgery.
Yikes! I'm never running again! That sounds positively horrifying. Did it hurt worse than the original injury?