Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

XCAL II

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: XCAL II

[sm=owned.gif]
Old 06-25-2006, 12:09 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: LX200

This is important.... nobody is proven to be "the best for automatics" or "the best Mustang tuner".

There are four typically used tuners by most on the board... Brenspeed, Bamachips, Alternative and Evolution. EVERYBODY RECOMMENDS the one they bought. I do too.

Evolution has the best prices, and a good rep. That's why I went with them. I could not see paying some of the others $80 more for the XCal2 and C&L CAI combo. They are all SCT tuners and all start with the SCT provided tunes. I got the combo for $580 shipped. More than $80 less than others.

Pick any of the four and you are fine. Nobody can prove whos best. If they say they can, they're full of crap. It's all folklore.

Tuner holds 3 tunes and your stock tune.
once again... some of us have talked to a lot of different shops... been to national events... overheard phone conversations... When it comes to automatics there is one name that constantly comes up... Lidio...
Yea, I don't want to dig up my last response on this one. I've had many different tunes on my car and actually had the chance to compare them...at the track!!!! And I've talked to multiple shops that say when it comes to the autos on the 05's, Lidio is the man. It is highly possible that the tune you bought from a "competing vendor", if it is an auto was reviewed/modified by Lidio. Also, the SCT world is a very small world, the base tunes for the 4.0 come from one of two guys at SCT, so we are all connected.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:23 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

LOL
ORIGINAL: blazen351

+ 500,000,000...I think LX just likes to get his panties in a twist about these things.
ORIGINAL: pat6674u

I don't have an auto but I will differ to a guy who's car (The Mistress) just got a 4 page article in Modified Mustangs. He and the guy that tunes his car might know what they're talking about.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:36 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

+ 500,000,000...I think LX just likes to get his panties in a twist about these things.

I don't have an auto but I will differ to a guy who's car (The Mistress) just got a 4 page article in Modified Mustangs. He and the guy that tunes his car might know what they're talking about.
Hopefully the soap box has been pulled out from under him for good.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:08 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Ya, since it requires some logic, and an IQ over 70 to see my point, you'll have touble grasping it.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:09 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

God... This is like retard central.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:23 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

So pack up your f'n bag and leave, you won't be missed. If you want to stay that is cool, but pull that thong out of your *** so you'll quit being so bitchy on this subject. Why is it that someone disagrees with you and you have to start calling names and deciding people are stupid or retarded. Yeah I made a smart *** coment about you...get over it. Make one about me. If it's funny (as mine was) I'll laugh. I WON"T start being a little bitch. Oh and if you do go before you go I have to ask..Do you know what your actual IQ is? I know mine buddy, so I know right where I stand. CHILL OUT if your going to stick around. This jekyl and hyde sh** you pull is getting old. Now then I'm done with this. Arguing on the internet is pointless, but I felt the need to vent...

Sorry to anyone else, I don't mean to start a flame war, but this guy annoys me.
ORIGINAL: LX200

God... This is like retard central.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:48 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

It is the sign of an immature person that has to call everyone else dumb because they disagree with him. If you had a legitimate point, perhaps I would support your argument; however, you have continued to beat the same dead horse and when you do it only makes you look foolish. Seriously, the I.Q., retard and white-trash insults are boorish and you must have something more interesting to add to the conversation. If this is not the case, I would suggest you stop hurling around such simple insults as they seem to apply more to your posts than to my own. ‘Nuff Said!!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:06 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

You say, "If you had a legitimate point, perhaps I would support your argument".

What exactly isn't legitimate about my point (it's a point, not an argument)? Specifically. And your data to support the contention that my point is not legitimate.

And what about the soap box under those who continue to spew unsubstantiated claims? Worried about that one? Or are you too busy seeking their approval with supportive posts?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:25 PM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

LX, I am with you bro.......everyone is entitled to post their opinion. Your opinion was that nobody can prove who is the best "tuner"......granted, some have a very very respectable reputation like Lido, but maybe someone out there thinks his tunes suck ***....

I kind of relate this to the way they rank all of the colleges. Who is to say one school is better then the other.....who has sat through every class at every college and compared the quality of the classes to each other........nobody because it is impossible to do.

I respect your opinion, but for some reason people in this forum feel compelled to pile on the guy who's opinion differs from the majority. i have seen it, and had it done to me several times.

Quick Reply: XCAL II