Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

a new look??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 02:12 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

Default a new look??

Quick question....i was thinkin about blackin out my taillights and getting the same wheels and tires i have now only in black and in 18's. opinions???
Old 06-25-2006, 02:15 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: a new look??

I for one think it would look pretty sweet. Kind of like a Knight Rider look. Very cool IMHO
Old 06-25-2006, 02:17 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I think you'll need something to contrast all that black, maybe stripes or chrome wheels instead of black.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:22 AM
CMCs05pony
2nd Gear Member

I think all black would be cool. i'd do the headlights too and get the clear corner lights to make it ALL black.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:24 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CMCs05pony

I think all black would be cool. i'd do the headlights too and get the clear corner lights to make it ALL black.

Man that WOULD look really nice. He it will be looking like some kind of CIA Black Ops type thing. LOL!!
Old 06-25-2006, 03:46 AM
micx7
1st Gear Member

Where are you located? I know I was thinking about the same thing but the cops around here don't fool around when it comes to car modifications, especially those that involve lights. My friend had his tailight tints on for not even 2 hours before he received a hefty fine. (Westchester NY)
Old 06-25-2006, 03:48 AM
TheWatcher
2nd Gear Member

i was going to do something similar to my black stang, but then i decided to go with chrome rims to give it a little contrast.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:08 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i say go smoked wheels (dark grey, not too flashy) something like this:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Displ...t+Grey+Painted

or if your looking for a different look, go for the white version and get white racing stripes
http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/Call...=White+Painted

i like the idea of smoked tail lights, but most cops dont, just as a heads up. They are legal in some states... you might want to do some research in that field
Old 06-25-2006, 11:35 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

one of my buddys dads whos a cop around here (southern ohio) said that you wont get pulled over around here for smoked tails as long as you can see the running lights through them. Some people have it so dark you can only see them when the break lights kick on...so as long as you can see running lights were good.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:41 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

i say go smoked wheels (dark grey, not too flashy) something like this:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Displ...t+Grey+Painted

or if your looking for a different look, go for the white version and get white racing stripes
http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/Call...=White+Painted

i like the idea of smoked tail lights, but most cops dont, just as a heads up. They are legal in some states... you might want to do some research in that field
I was concerned about the law enforcement officers when we tinted mine.. I've had numerous cop car drive past me with no issues... I was even more concerned about the headlights being tinted.. but again, the cops don't give it a second look... Thing with the tinted overlays... your tailight still looks stock... it doesn't look as obvious as covers... Cassie from MRT has both the taillight and headlight tint on her V6 and has not had an issue either...