Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hello I'm new

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 03:48 AM
cejaay13
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Hello I'm new

Welcome to the forums. Tell us more about your ride, and what your plans are...if you have any. I have found that most everyone on this site is very friendly and always willing to help.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:49 AM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

THANKS Cayuse! I LOVE your vert!!! Is that you driving in your sig? REALLY cool.

Stoneblue-I LOVE IT. I sold my beat up 87 accord and my new mustang My older brother is a a riceboy so he picks on me lol but I love my new car! Pics will come either tomorrow or the next day I promise.

Shadowhax-thanks for the kind welcome!

Teacherman-thank you. Are you really a teacher? I was thinking about going into that field myself but I changed my mind and decided to major in history. Changed from Archaeology to history. Now thinking about Education lol. Where did you get your name?

You guys are WAY too nice! I think I am going to like it here lol

Oh by the way. The goddess is NOT me it's my mustang lol I don't want anyone to think I am that conceited!!!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 04:11 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the Forum! Teacherman is pretty amazing, hopfully you'll get to see some of his signature smiley paragraphs!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:01 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

Welcome to the Forum! Teacherman is pretty amazing, hopfully you'll get to see some of his signature smiley paragraphs!

Why thanks Americanmade! LOL

Yes I am really a teacher. And it is the greatest thing in the world to me. The kids I teach, well, they mean evertyhing to me. It's a great career, both my wife and I are teachers but she teaches K which I know nothing about. As far as your major, nothing wrong with history as long as you know what you want to do ahead of time IMHO. You can go into law, or you can go on to get your masters and teach Junior college, or your PHD and teach at the University level. That is something I want to do someday myself but we shall see. My B.A. is in history with a minor in education. I am now going to school for a masters in education. Not sure what advice I can give in this department. I will tell you this. If you decide to be a teacher it pays to get a B.S. in Education. Then if you want to continue the field you can go on and get your masters in many things such as education, special Ed, reading, educational leadership etc...As far as Archaeology? Well, it was my dream to be like Indiana Jones and I actually WENT into college with that in mind. I went on two digs, one along the Kennebec river in Maine. The dig was an contact period site, basically means that it was at the time the Europeans were first coming in contact with the natives. It was very cool, but it was really not me. I still love that field though.

As far as my name I am guessing you mean my login name? LOL I hope...A great book entitled "Teacherman" by Frank McCourt. Wonderful read.

Also, do not be fooled, I know nothing about cars. THere are some awesome guys on here that are top notch. I know very little. You are new so I will point you in the right direction...Rygen, Afixer, Scrming, Beaustang, Hamid, Blazen, and Fazm to name a few. They know their stuff that's for sure. And they are the types that take newbs and do not make them feel stupid. They are a very cool bunch and will answer your questions, as will all of us that can! Anyway good luck!

Oh and how can I forget Paul. Paul is British so you have to get past his harsh but really funny humor. I think he was raised by circus folk. But that is still being debated.

Also, toosober is quite the comedian and can crack you up when you are least expecting it.

Shadow is awesome at sigs and did mine.

Then theres Pat, and Justin and...........I could go on and on. Basically, you will not find any jerks here. I have rarely seen a flame and everyone is super cool. So kick back and unwind when you come here. You are in for a good time.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:37 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Welcome to the forums and congrats on owning a legend. Glad to have you here. Can't wait to see pics and hear what you have in mind for her.

And teach...I can't believe you even put me in the same league with those guys. LOL, I figured I'd be down there with...ummm well at least not up with those guys.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:48 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum and glad to hae you here!!! Warning!!! Haning out here leads to excessive modding.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:04 AM
kevinb
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new steed and welcome to the forum!
Old 06-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

wlecome to the forums...dont let these guys suck you in too fast, you will get addicted and have a 12 second mustang but be poor as dirt. Anyways I am like one of the few only Canadian on this board it seems and I get picked on lots, its ok, I go to therapy. I tell my therapist that these crazy guys named Teacherman, Paulboy and Blazen haunt me with no end.

O and by the way, GRATS on the Stang. May she bring many years of happiness and compliments from complete strangers!
Old 06-25-2006, 10:57 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Welcome to the fourms! Now that we all are introduced, we would like to hear about your mustang!
Old 06-25-2006, 12:12 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Welcome to the forums. Now post up