Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

"Passenger bag off" light

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:35 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Default "Passenger bag off" light

I turned my radio on last night and the "passenger bag off" light comes on. I press that button.. nothing happens, it stays on.
Today, it's still on. Any ideas?
Old 06-25-2006, 05:40 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: "Passenger bag off" light

Its suppose to be on when nobody is in the passenger seat. That way in an accident it doesnt deploy, and cost unnecessary replacement parts.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:48 PM
orion6g
2nd Gear Member

Mine only comes on when you set something light on the seat (groceries, etc). The light on mine stays off if there is nothing on the seat.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:55 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

I never noticed when nobody is there, but when someone is sittin in the seat, but incorrectly (not in the center) it lights up.... so ya probably only when its a certain weight (for kids or something).
Old 06-25-2006, 07:03 PM
thunderstruck

Yeah I think it is for under 70lbs if I'm not mistaken, but I don't think it is supposed to stay on all the time mine just comes on for a few seconds then shuts off so you don't have that orange light on while you are driving.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:30 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thunderstruck

Yeah I think it is for under 70lbs if I'm not mistaken, but I don't think it is supposed to stay on all the time mine just comes on for a few seconds then shuts off so you don't have that orange light on while you are driving.
Its 100 lbs. My ex weighed 95 and when she sat in my car the light would come on, it pissed her off so much. The light only comes on when there is something in the seat (I believe its 10 lbs) but not enough for the airbag sensor to go off. If yours is staying on when theres nothing in the seat I would have it checked out by a dealer because it could be faulty. It would suck if its broken and you have someone in your car and the airbag doesnt go off if you ever had a crash.

BTW, its not a button, its just a light. You cant push it. And it turns the airbag off in case you have a small child in the front seat, so the airbag doesnt kill them...
Old 06-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

It's funny, I'm around 100 lbs. When I sit in my boyfriend's 05 Saleen I deativate the air bag Light is on), but when I ride in his 06 GT the air bag light stays off. It must be the seats they use in the Saleen.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:54 PM
jude69
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

I turned my radio on last night and the "passenger bag off" light comes on. I press that button.. nothing happens, it stays on.
Today, it's still on. Any ideas?
My 06 Mustang is currently in the shop for a similar problem. The airbag light in the center console came on solid a week after a bought my Mustang. Then, the "passenger bag off" light would come on when someone well over 100 pounds would be sitting in the passenger seat. Obviously, there is a problem here. The dealer stated that it's the sensor in the passenger side seat. I wouldn't take any chances and I would have it checked out. I do mostly highway driving, so I didn't want to mess around with this.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:15 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

It's funny, I'm around 100 lbs. When I sit in my boyfriend's 05 Saleen I deativate the air bag Light is on), but when I ride in his 06 GT the air bag light stays off. It must be the seats they use in the Saleen.
ooo we have a rich boyfriend do we? [8D] lucky
Old 06-26-2006, 12:37 AM
TheWatcher
2nd Gear Member

the passenger light comes on in my car whenever there is something light on the seat or someone is not sitting on the right part of the seat, it stays on the whole time until the person sits right or there is nothing on the seat.

Quick Reply: "Passenger bag off" light