Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

raced last-model v6 stang

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:41 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default raced last-model v6 stang

Tonight, just a few minutes ago i was driving back from my girlfriend's house. Usually on that drive druing the night, which is about one and a half miles, I get revved at by various kinds of cars asking to race, ranging from green civics with spoilers to 911 turbos. I pick my battles of course; I usually wont race anything on the extreme sides unless I am really bored.

Anyways, so tonight it was pretty empty (sunday night haha) so I was just taking it easy. Then behind me, I see these two glaring head lamps, definitly HID's, and when I am able to get past the extreme intensity of the lamps in my rear view, I can make out that they are the last model stang lights. I got a bit excited, but I was still in the area that was only one lane, so I did not do anything and he kept a bit of a distance behind me.

After 2 blocks, I came to the light were the one lane splits into two lanes, so I switch into the right lane and stop before the "i am here so turn the light green" pads on the road. So I wait there for about 10 seconds until he catches up. He stops beside me, not at the crosswalk, so I know he wants to go at it too. So we both slowly roll onto the pads and wait for the red light to turn green.

When it turns green I floor it, %100 throttle, TCS off, and in my "1st" (i have an auto)
For the first tenth of a second we are beside eachother, then I pass him slowely at first, but my acceleration is more than his, and I begin to clearly take the lead. After about 2/5ths of the block I am a good car's length in front of him. Good enough, I throw my alerts.

We hit the next red light. He doesnt look at me but still has that look on his face. He didnt give me any indication that it was "over" so I know he wants to have another shot at me. Then he revves.
Green.
This time I give it about %80 throttle.
Tires screach, neck pulls back.
This time the launch is way better
I get about 1/2 a car on him off the line and within a few more yards i am a car length in from of him. Alerts back on.

I had myself a fun night
Old 06-26-2006, 05:46 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: raced last-model v6 stang

congrats....what are u driving anyways? no sig, so have to ask.....
Old 06-26-2006, 05:52 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

as for performance, right now all i have on is a c&l w/ evo's xcal2 tune. also, i am not sure if the p-zero nero's count as performance upgrades, but if they do count, i have them
Old 06-26-2006, 05:54 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

sounds nice man....hey, what does a stock 05 v6 put out for rwhp and rwtq?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:55 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

saw your edit. i am really not sure what the stock numbers are, people dyno and have them flying all over the place. i have seen as low as 140rwhp and as high as 200rwhp on actual dynos people have posted.

...which is kinda sad, because i have been here for maybe 7 months and i still dont know what my numbers are [>:][:-]
Old 06-26-2006, 05:56 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

lol, i know....i just realized where u posted it so i changed what i wrote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:59 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i caught that too, i edited mine
Old 06-26-2006, 06:00 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

saw your edit. i am really not sure what the stock numbers are, people dyno and have them flying all over the place. i have seen as low as 140rwhp and as high as 200rwhp on actual dynos people have posted.

...which is kinda sad, because i have been here for maybe 7 months and i still dont know what my numbers are [>:][:-]
i know, im hoping its leaning towards 200 so where u from anyways?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:03 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

lol, i am guessing that they land around 170-180. i'm from Bellevue, Washington, which is pretty much the suburb of Steattle and Redmond

how about you?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:06 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

i'm from anaheim, california

Quick Reply: raced last-model v6 stang