Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT take-off bumper or cutout the stock bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:54 PM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

Default GT take-off bumper or cutout the stock bumper?

Hey, I'm switching my V6 over to a dual exhaust and I'm looking for an opinion on whether or not i should have a body shop cutout the stock bumper or keep looking for a GT bumper that matches the color of my car. Any suggestions?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:56 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT take-off bumper or cutout the stock bumper?

i have done both you dont really see the cutout so noone really notices but after a while it seems to peel and if your not shaving it yourself its worth it to pay 140 bucks for a gt take off bumper plus you can see the cut outs on take off bumper so i tlooks a little nicer IMO
Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

+ 1 Done both, nothing wrong with cutting.... Just touch up with paint where you cut...
Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yeah I have mine cut right now but I plan on buying a Gt takeoff bumper from Diversified Marketing in the next two weeks.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:02 PM
skm52670
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: workshop4ever

Hey, I'm switching my V6 over to a dual exhaust and I'm looking for an opinion on whether or not i should have a body shop cutout the stock bumper or keep looking for a GT bumper that matches the color of my car. Any suggestions?
Depends on your finances. Can you afford the GT bumper? If not cut the bumper, if so get the GT.

A dremel ($5.00 at Harbor Freight), a template, and an hour of time versus, $150+ for the bumper.

I cut my bumper, not hard just make a template and take your time.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:16 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skm52670

ORIGINAL: workshop4ever

Depends on your finances. Can you afford the GT bumper? If not cut the bumper, if so get the GT.

A dremel ($5.00 at Harbor Freight), a template, and an hour of time versus, $150+ for the bumper.

I cut my bumper, not hard just make a template and take your time.
+1 i went to the local muffler shop and the guy cut it out for free and it looked great and you cant notice it with the muffler on anyways. just dont give them extra to do it its part of the job.(if they ask, atleast) i gave a tip

cant really go wrong either way-imo
Old 06-26-2006, 06:32 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i would go for the new bumper, if you are gunna do a mod, go all the way through with it
Old 06-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

I'm about to put a single GT takeoff on, and when I have more time and money, I will likely cut my bumper myself to make room for duals. If it looks good, I'm done. But if it is even the slightest bid odd-looking, I'll immediately buy myself a GT takeoff bumper.

Is it hard to find GT takeoff bumpers in specific colors, or would I need a body shop to paint one for me?

Ken
Old 06-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

No its easy to find a Gt takeoff bumper for cheap in any color, You can get them at Diversified marketing; there website is www.newtakoff.com or you can find them on ebay at http://stores.ebay.com/DIVERSIFIED-MARKETING
Old 06-26-2006, 08:51 PM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

I'm still in the process of buying my GT Bumper. Diverisified is $300, while V6MS is $250 (Well for my shipping that is). V6MS doesn't have my color in yet, and I think I've bugged Don so much, he isn't responding anymore. @_@

Quick Reply: GT take-off bumper or cutout the stock bumper?