Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New To The Forums

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 05:21 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Default New To The Forums

Hey whats up everyone..i've read the forums for a couple weeks and decided to join the fun yall have on here. I've had my '05 for like 1 1/2 months and just trying to get some tips for what to do to it. I got a v6 and i was gonna go with an evol jba axle back for the exhaust and maybe the c&l/predator kit. I read alot of people went with those things and were happy so i thought it'd be a good choice but don't really know what else i could do to it..

And then i don't know if anyone else has had this problem but i can't really get my tires to burn. I had a 2000 Mustang coupe before this and they went so much easier so i don't know whats going on but any tips would be appreciated and glad to be a member .
Old 06-27-2006, 05:25 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New To The Forums

Welcome. If your wallet was full when you came in, it wont be that way for long.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. Everyone here will be glad to screw you over and spark ideas in your head for new mods.....lol.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:32 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Welcome, Sounds like you've got some good ideas on getting started. Since you've been reading for awhile you know we like pics. LOL

As for scratching your tires...which tires do you have? I hear the stock BFG's scratch supper easy. The perrilis that come with Pony Package are a little harder to scratch but you still can. Either way after you get intake and tune on there you'll be able to scratch them just fine.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:44 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Lol ya i pry will be poor after i get done but i believe i got the stock bfg's also....for trying to get to tires to go i tried the same way on my last mustang..I tried just holding the brake and flooring it usually don't work then tried it in drive and 1st, i got it to go once when i started moving then hit the brakes and gassed it but thats the only time its went for me.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:47 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I've never driven an Auto on new mustang so I'm not sure. That could be the way all of them are stock. There are alot of autos on here though so I'm sure someone can tell you. Good luck with the mods, and welcome again!
Old 06-27-2006, 05:49 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Well appreciate the tips and hope to get some pics on here soon!
Old 06-27-2006, 05:50 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

WET streets.........lol
Mod it then you will have no problems
Old 06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

Hey whats up everyone..i've read the forums for a couple weeks and decided to join the fun yall have on here. I've had my '05 for like 1 1/2 months and just trying to get some tips for what to do to it. I got a v6 and i was gonna go with an evol jba axle back for the exhaust and maybe the c&l/predator kit. I read alot of people went with those things and were happy so i thought it'd be a good choice but don't really know what else i could do to it..

And then i don't know if anyone else has had this problem but i can't really get my tires to burn. I had a 2000 Mustang coupe before this and they went so much easier so i don't know whats going on but any tips would be appreciated and glad to be a member .
welcome and kiss your money goodbye! Let the modding itch begin!

Ohh and do you have trac control? I can burn mine but I have a manual with no Trac control.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:10 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blazen351

I've never driven an Auto on new mustang so I'm not sure. That could be the way all of them are stock. There are alot of autos on here though so I'm sure someone can tell you. Good luck with the mods, and welcome again!
You thinking of getting a scoope Blazen?

Quick Reply: New To The Forums