Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

could you get more hp if....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:58 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: could you get more hp if....

you guys are all reatarded... everyone knows that a chunk of DRY ICE is the only way to do things....

mount a specially designed chemical box under your bumper with a vented pipe running through the box (where the ice is) which will channel "dry icified" air directly to the head of your intake...

lets see---> 1.44 PH x temp. of the sun ( F of course) + the # of prarie dogs in Indonesia / [ 13% O2 - 4.249 seconds] = ??

if my calculations are correct, you should gain something like 12.4 Kilo-horsepower or somethin...
Old 06-28-2006, 07:03 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

I would just add some liquid nitrogen into the fuel tank. That should spiff things up, or better yet, add a battery powered motor, and you can be as fast as a Prius!

SERIOUSLY! Just knock out your fogs out of your GT or Pony grill and put DUAL dryer vent hoses in them. That will get you some cooler air, and you won't have to worry about anything melting.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:12 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KnotBand

you were to find a place that sold those huge *** blocks of ice that were used for "ice boxes" back in the day before refrigerated air, and an old ice box......then, you built a box before your intake that held a chunk of that ice, so as the air blew over the ice, you get an evaporative cooling effect on the air, making it cooler....then you installed a helical water seperator on the intake tubing with an automatic drain to get rid of the added moisture, so you would end up with really cold air, giving you real CAI.....

anyone think this would work???

oh yea, and is the tech. enough for you guys?
Heck, you tell us thermo man. What would the engine power equation tell you

Work = (mass flow of air) * (thermal capcity of air) (change in temperature of the air)

This is too difficult for any of us to figure out, so would you get more power?
Old 06-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

sorry guys but i'm thinking about air inlet to the TB surrounded with liquid nitrogen, of course enclosed......
Old 06-30-2006, 01:52 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

umm..... yeah lets get this foum back on topic. THE TOPIC OF FROSTIES!!!!!!! DAMN IM GOING TO WENDY'S Rite now!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 01:58 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

The trick is to cryogenically freeze your intake tude, heres a number to call for help...ask for Lando.

555-1337
Old 06-30-2006, 02:20 AM
Genzsu

Heya all, long time reader, newbie poster, and yes I'll get picks up soon.

A few years back, my younger brother had a setup that on his ricer Civic that kinda goes along the lines of what your thinking.

I don't remember the maker, but essentially it was a CAI that went down into the mid-lower front grill into a little intercoller looking core. Then a pipe came out the other end and attached to a K&N filter element. On the little intercooler looking contraption, there was a small ring on the outside attached to it. The ring had small holes evenly drilled on the side facing the contraption. A nitrous bottle is used and set up inverted in the trunk, but is filled with CO2. All the plumbing is then run to a switch in the dash and then to the small oval ring. At the touch of a switch liquid CO2 froze the small core and essentially the air that was flowing through it.

Never really talked to him about that setup, but I'll have to ask him. Not sure if it made HP or not.

BTW, proud owner of a 2005 4.0 Mineral Grey Stang, No bells or whistles (Less shyt to break when I Mod the hell out of it).
Old 06-30-2006, 02:38 AM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

are you a fish? You sure took the bait on that one.....I was beginning to think you weren't going to show...

hahahahaha.....my little puppet.

ORIGINAL: LX200

ORIGINAL: KnotBand

you were to find a place that sold those huge *** blocks of ice that were used for "ice boxes" back in the day before refrigerated air, and an old ice box......then, you built a box before your intake that held a chunk of that ice, so as the air blew over the ice, you get an evaporative cooling effect on the air, making it cooler....then you installed a helical water seperator on the intake tubing with an automatic drain to get rid of the added moisture, so you would end up with really cold air, giving you real CAI.....

anyone think this would work???

oh yea, and is the tech. enough for you guys?
Heck, you tell us thermo man. What would the engine power equation tell you

Work = (mass flow of air) * (thermal capcity of air) (change in temperature of the air)

This is too difficult for any of us to figure out, so would you get more power?
Old 06-30-2006, 02:52 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jericho73

The trick is to cryogenically freeze your intake tude, heres a number to call for help...ask for Lando.

555-1337
I have a friend named Han who's interested. LOL
Old 06-30-2006, 03:06 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Backlash

sorry guys but i'm thinking about air inlet to the TB surrounded with liquid nitrogen, of course enclosed......
Heck... go for liquid helium, you'll get much better performance, although it will be a lot more expensive !

Quick Reply: could you get more hp if....